AESC is currently seeking a Commissioning start up manager ( Mechanical experience) to join our team for a large-scale ground-up Engineering-Procurement-Construction project. This role requires exceptional talent to support the expansion of our product portfolio, which includes the development of never-before-built production lines. The project demands high cell production volumes that were once considered impossible to achieve.
Our work environment is fast-paced and filled with excitement. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about advancing energy sustainability, thrive on tackling difficult problems that push the limits, prioritize team success over individual achievements, and maintain an unwavering positive attitude towards sustained hard work.
As a Commissioning Start-Up Manager, your commitment will be crucial in driving the success of this project. You will have the opportunity to contribute your expertise, bring your passion for energy sustainability, and work on challenging tasks. We value your dedication to overcoming obstacles and achieving team goals.
If you are ready to join an exciting and dynamic environment, where you can make a significant impact, we encourage you to apply for this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare detail commissioning plans and procedure of his/hers area of assigned responsivities.
- Systemizes Project commodities, processes and identifies system boundaries for each.
- Updates drawings, systemization, check sheets as changes are updated through revisions, tag changes, RFI’s
- Requests closure of punch items from Construction, 3rd Party Contractor
- Assures all punch listed items are completed and closed out
- Assures handover documentation to Manufacturing / Operations / Facilities
- Monitors construction activities in preparation to executing commissioning activities.
- Coordinates with appointed 3rd party contractors upcoming walk downs and completion of punch items prior to scheduled walk downs.
- Coordinates handover walk downs between all stakeholders
- Verify with QA team the quality of contractors pre-commissioning activities.
- Support design reviews in their discipline
- Skilled in some process equipment like PHW, CHW, PCW and HVAC
Qualification and requirements:
• Engineer degree in Mechanical field.
• Minimum of 7 years work experience in similar role.
• Good communication skills.
• Overall maintenance on a variety of production and facilities equipment applying good engineering practices.
• Equipment startup experience (witnessing contractor activation and testing of equipment)
• The candidate should have demonstrated the ability to work in matrix organizations and to operate and navigate within an international company.
• Ability to work independently.
• Fluent in English and other language as French and Spanish are appreciated.
• Attention to detail.
• Conversant with software tools (Power BI, MS Project, VBA).
• Follows through on commitments; willing to do what it takes to meet company objectives.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Mobility 50% regional travel in the EU and if needed internationally.
• Relocation will be ideally in one of our factory locations (Spain, France or UK) to minimize the travel effort
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, climb and walk on structures more than 100 feet above the ground.
What we offer:
Welcome to our state-of-the-art Gigafactory, where you'll have the opportunity to tackle the world's most fascinating challenges alongside exceptionally talented individuals who are driven to make a difference. At AESC, we offer a comprehensive compensation package, including a competitive salary and a rewarding AESC bonuses program. In addition, we provide a range of valuable benefits, such as a pension program, generous vacation days, employee insurance, and relocation and commuting support. We strive to ensure that our employees are well taken care of, enabling them to focus on their work and contribute to our collective mission of changing the world.