AESC is the world’s leading battery technology company and lithium-ion battery manufacturer with battery plants in Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States, and China. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of France's highest profile manufacturing plants, as AESC is building a new battery manufacturing plant in Douai, Hauts-de-France to support its business growth in Europe.
The Purchasing Buyer is to support the Head of Purchasing in managing purchasing activities (planning, sourcing, tender and negotiation) for the assigned Commodity (Capex/MRO/Building & Construction) in AESC Douai to optimize savings and reduce risks with suppliers. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large-scale industrial developments in many years, where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle marketplace.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal customers, suppliers and central purchasing organizations.
• Support Head of Purchasing with contract negotiation
• Manage a dedicated purchasing portfolio including, contract negotiations, contribution to annual savings targets and management of Invitation to Tenders and Request for Quotations.
• Manager / Administer Purchase Orders
• Support Purchasing Section Manager with implementation of European Purchasing policies
• Support Purchasing Project Management activity in CAPEX/Building & Construction
Background & Requirements
• Purchasing Processes and Procedures
• Supplier Management
• Negotiation skills
• Project Management skills
• Extensive experience in CAPEX/Industrial equipment/ Building & construction
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
• Fluent in French and English. Chinese would be an advantage.
• Problem solving
• Result oriented
• Attention to detail