VSB Uusiutuva Energia Suomi Oy is a part of VSB Group and is offering comprehensive services throughout the wind power project life cycle, from greenfield project development to modernisation and repowering. VSB Group is one of the most significant players in the renewable energy sector in Europe and will continue establishing their position in the market.
As a Wind & Site Specialist, your role is to carry out needed studies, measurements, calculations, and inspections to support in identifying potential greenfield opportunities together with the development team at VSB in Finland. Your role is to also execute wind farm planning and optimisation tasks as well as support in turbine procurement. Wind & Site Specialist will cooperate closely with other countries and your expertise might be needed in also other countries where VSB is operating.
- Technical due diligence on wind and site aspects.
- Wind turbine layout design and optimization.
- Wind measurements and wind condition analysis.
- Ideally conducting energy yield calculations.
- Support the development team in turbine procurement.
- Support different internal functions at VSB in Finland and possibly in other countries as well in wind & site-related matters and questions.
Background & Requirements
- Relevant educational background (e.g., in geography, meteorology, environmental or energy engineering or other similar).
- At least a few years of relevant work experience, especially from the technical due diligence, wind farm layout design and wind measurements.
- Experience from windPRO or other similar software.
- Knowledge related to turbine icing studies is seen as an advantage.
- Fluent in English and Finnish (verbal and written).
- Good teamwork and social skills.
- Precise and flexible.
- Readiness to travel occasionally (domestically and internationally).