Our client is one of the biggest utility companies in the Nordics and one of the biggest producers of carbon-free electricity in Europe. This division helps their clients to reduce emissions and enhance their operational efficiency within their energy services.
In this role, you will be acting as a Turbine Specialist for turbine maintenance services provided for power plant clients in the Nordics and Baltics. In your duties, you will also support sales, workshop and on-site activities with various tasks related to turbine services and problem-solving. Your role will also include occasional travel and site work.
In this team and company, you will have an excellent opportunity to grow your knowledge and expertise also outside of your everyday tasks. In addition, a large-scale company like this will have multiple interesting career paths for a true professional.
- Conducting condition assessments and evaluations of the turbines.
- Planning what kind of maintenance and repairment activities should be done for turbines.
- Creating guidelines for quality control and making sure they are followed during client projects.
- Supporting the Sales team and giving your input into contracts from a technical perspective.
- Creating documents and reports during the service projects.
- Visiting sites and supporting Site Managers.
Background and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum in mechanical engineering or other equivalents.
- At least 5 years of experience in steam turbines and power plants.
- Ideally, you have practical experience in steam turbine maintenance or commissioning.
- Readiness to travel domestically and internationally.
- A driving license.
- Experience in design engineering software (CAD) is a plus.
- Experience from vibration measurements is a plus.
- Knowledge of power plant processes is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You have good computer skills.
- Ability to react rapidly in changing situations.
- Knowledge of Finnish or Swedish is an advantage.