Our client manufactures and supplies lubricant products globally, active in both the Automotive and Industrial sectors. They operate in over 20 countries and are one of the world’s most recognisable brands. With strong marketing coupled with great product range, they are aiming to become the top supplier globally.
The Position: Technical Support Helpdesk
Providing office-based technical support and advice to customers (Automotive, Industrial, OM, OEMs, GAs etc.) and other business partners via phone, e-mail and other communication channels. Support other functions (e.g. Marketing) with technical related issues.
Key Accountabilities for Technical Support Helpdesk:
- Provide first-class level technical support to Salesforce, distributors, customers, OEMs, GAs, and the general public.
- Deep knowledge of Products and Services
- Basic knowledge of lubricants application
- Recommending products and Services substituting competitor products.
- Selecting the best products and services to known applications
- Using FluidTech (online dtb).
- Provide Sales with relevant information on any potential sales opportunity identified.
- Knowing when and to whom escalate complex technical issues beyond own competence/skills.
- Act and behave in line with values and procedures, sticking to local regulations and QHSE rules.
Technical Support L2 additional Accountabilities
- Involvement in Quality issues (mainly Customer Quality Complaints).
- Coaching CSC and other staff on First Level Technical Support.
- Wide knowledge on product applications
- Creating lube charts
- Promotion of technical tools and services
Technical Support L3 additional Accountabilities
- Conduct customer and/or staff trainings on products and applications
- Knowledge of OEMs, Sector awareness and market trends
- Support of Field Trial, Plant Audits, Approval gaining
- Providing market feedback (from customers, OEMs) back to R&T through Product Technology Manager whenever relevant.
- Keeping Customer (and other partners) relationship in a virtual environment (phone, mail etc.).
- Proper customer management based on understanding customer type (e.g. banding) and background.
- Speak customer language (i.e. using solution benefit approach rather than product features).
- Keep the right balance between Technical solution and Commercial aspects.
- Proper understanding of Customer needs through relevant questioning.
- Understanding own capability (limitations) handling complex queries and making proper escalation.
- Managing own data sources (e.g. Internet, internal documents) and network to keep up to date with the latest development and trends.
- Be able to communicate with: Customers, distributors, OEMs, General public, other TS members, various functions like CSC, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, etc.
Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum degree in Technical discipline (Chemistry or Engineering is preferable).
- Knowledge of relevant tools (e.g. SAP, CRM etc.) is beneficial
- 1+ year of experience for L2, 2+ years of experience for L3
- Customer-facing experience is beneficial.
- Language skills: Local, English. Others are beneficial.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal).
- Product and application knowledge
Get in touch with
Tel: +44(0)1908 920 435