Technical Service Manager – Tire Additives
Our client is searching for a Technical Service Manager for their Tire additives technology division and
business team in Europe.
The ideal candidate will be based in Gent, Belgium or happy to travel from a home office location in
Europe near to an international Major Airport.
JOB OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contact with key customers to track & report their needs
• Quick response to customer complaints, plant audits, specification review, product sampling etc.
• Act as the initial customer contact point on market insight, customer discovery and product stewardship
issues seeking support from the global group as necessary
• Provide product and application technical information about the client’s tire additive products to tire
compounders and plant engineers.
• Lead technical projects, coordinate activities within technology, marketing and sales for project planning.
Furthermore, support the development and presentation of marketing material to customers.
• Manage the technical specifications, product and source approvals with the allocated customers, and
source changes where appropriate.
• Promote the concepts and activities of Product Stewardship & Environment, Safety & Health.
• Seek, gather and distribute market intelligence, contribute to the global technical knowledge-base
through sharing of relevant learning and experience.
• Monitor and communicate developments relating to our existing and potential customer base and
• Keep up to date of regulatory changes & their impact on our markets.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree required. Master or PhD preferred.
• Degree in materials or polymer science, chemistry, rubber technology or related disciplines preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience and in-depth understanding.
• Experience supplying materials to the tire industry is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Comfortable with international travel
• 30 - 40% Travel is required for this position
• A team player with initiative, good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Proven project leadership with the ability to influence without authority.
• Reports into the Global Technology Service Manager for Tire Additives