OX2 was founded in 2004. Ever since then, OX2 has been driving the change towards a 100% sustainable energy sector by continuously increasing the availability of renewable energy. So far, OX2 has developed and built over 2 GW large-scale, onshore wind power in the Nordic region.
OX2 currently has approximately 900 MW in construction out of which 320 MW is in Finland. OX2 has management contracts of 516 wind turbines with an estimated annual production of 6,3 TWh. OX2 has 250 employees in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, and France. In 2019 net sales totaled EUR 463 million. OX2 Finland has offices in Helsinki (HQ), Tampere and Oulu.
The TPM acts as the decisive link between business and engineering stakeholders of wind farm projects from greenfield development up to operations. A TPM at OX2 is leading the technical work of a couple of parallel projects in different phases, with most of the time spent in the development and realization phases, as well as in acquisition of projects (due diligence). Primarily working with our core markets.
The TPM is responsible for the overall technical design, optimization, quality and performance of wind farm projects and acts as a project manager, leading inhouse resources or consultants in their work to optimize the technical aspects into an attractive end-product from a financial and engineering perspective. In each project there will be a tight collaboration between Civil, Grid & Control, GIS and Wind & Turbine Performance engineer’s that the TPM will lead, together with extensive interaction with other departments within OX2.
The TPM also has the responsibility to present, discuss and negotiate technical solutions with suppliers and client representatives, and a significant content of own engineering analysis is expected.
- Leading engineer’s and execution of work connected to:
- Wind measurement planning, wind resource and energy yield assessment, site suitability assessment.
- Design and optimization of wind turbine layouts, internal grid and connection to external grid, road and hardstand layouts.
- Defining scope of works for the wind turbines and BoP (grid, communication, roads, hardstands, foundations)
- Identify HSE aspects and perform connected risk assessment for site design and operation of the wind farm.
- Quality assurance of identified key parts of the wind farm.
- Negotiation of technical content of supply and service agreements for wind turbines and BoP.
- Leading technical discussions regarding the design, performance, and quality with external stakeholders such as investor technical advisors.
Background & Requirements
- Suitable educational background and experience from a technical or project management position.
- An expert knowledge of how the engineering aspects of the components making up a wind farm play together. You should have expert knowledge in two or more of the following competences: wind climate, turbine technology, turbine performance, grid connection, civil design, construction constraints. As well as good commercial business acumen.
- An in-depth knowledge of development of energy production projects, time and project planning, efficient communication within the project team and with external parties.
- A good understanding of energy or power technology and quality assurance, contract negotiations (equipment purchase, consultants, etc.).
- Experience of leading teams of engineer’s and/or consultants, teamwork skills.
- Great problem-solving and communication skills, ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Experience of engaging in negotiations and commercial discussions are meriting.
- Fluent in English and Finnish. Swedish is desirable but not a requirement.