Technical Manager – Performance Polymers Europe
The position belongs to our client’s Chemicals and Polymers BV and will be reporting to Global Technical Director.
Junior Technical Manager - Performance Polymers Europe (JTM) will be responsible to provide Technical Service and implementation of development projects at customers in Balkans / Eastern Europe Region. JTM will execute and complete projects in the field of flexible and rigid applications (food, industrial, hygiene, rigid) to fulfil customer needs that are in line with our client’s strategies. This position will also be identifying new projects that address of customer needs (Voice of Customer) and new products needs in the portfolio and handling claim investigations.
• Fulfill our client’s rules and standards.
• Application development project generation and implementation.
• Identify customers’ needs on existing and/or new applications, positioning the products at performance-pricing point of view that will meet the customers’ expectations.
• Charter new projects with clear descriptions, technologies and opportunities.
• Commercialize the projects and close follow up.
• Proper reporting (visits, technical findings, projects etc.)
• Interface with our client technical community, external laboratories, machine manufacturers.
• Claim investigation and resolve.
• Competitive landscape analysis, understanding regional and market dynamics and threats.
• Background of Mechanical Engineer / Chemical Engineer / Materials Engineer / Chemistry.
• Preferably 2 years of experience in polymer industry (polyolefins extrusion, flexible, rigid applications)
• Fluency in English. Another European language is a plus.
• Travelling within Baltic/Eastern European region 50-70% of time.