Our client manufactures and supplies lubricant products globally, active in both the Automotive and Industrial sectors. They operate in over 20 countries and are one of the world’s most recognizable brands. With strong marketing coupled with great product range, they are aiming to become the top supplier globally.
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
The Position: Technical Helpdesk Advisor
The Technical Advisor will be providing office-based technical support and advice to customers (Automotive, Industrial, Open Market, Original Equipment Manufacturers, Global Accounts etc.) and other business partners. Support other functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Production etc.) with technical related issues.
Key Accountabilities of Technical Helpdesk Advisor:
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor will be required to provide first class level technical support to Sales Force, Distributors, Customers, OEMs, GAs.
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor will need strong commercial awareness, utilizing any opportunity for extending and/or uplifting of business.
- Developing and maintaining Technical network within Customer organizations will be in the role of Technical Helpdesk Advisor.
- The most suitable Technical Helpdesk Advisor candidate will grow to have a deep knowledge of Products and Services and their applications (equipment).
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor will have to recommend products and services, substituting competitor products, selecting the best products and services for customer applications.
- A key element of the Technical Helpdesk Advisor role will be providing Customer Benefit Solutions based on own knowledge and experience.
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor will be responsible for Planning and Delivering customer trainings and presentations.
- It is expected that the Technical Helpdesk Advisor will deliver support of Plant Audits, Field Trials, OEM management.
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor candidate will also be supporting complex technical issues and Quality Complaints.
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor will also have to support relevant customer events (e.g. product launches, customer days, fairs, campaigns etc.).
- Providing market feedback (from customers, OEMs, etc.) back to R&T through Product Technology Manager will also be a responsibility of the Technical Helpdesk Advisor.
- As Technical Helpdesk Advisor the candidate will be required to provide Sales with relevant information on any potential sales opportunity identified – use of KISS Customer Resource Management.
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor role will also include involvement in Quality issues (mainly Customer Quality Complaints).
- It will be the role of Technical Helpdesk Advisor to escalate complex technical issues beyond own competence/skills.
- Acting and behaving in line with values and procedures, sticking to local regulations and QHSE rules is an expectation of the Technical Helpdesk Advisor role
- Contributing pro-actively to Tech Support agenda of multinational customers is part of the role of Technical Helpdesk Advisor
- As Technical Helpdesk Advisor it is expected that the individual will have proper customer/OEM management based on understanding customer type (e.g. banding/classification) and background.
- It is important that the Technical Helpdesk Advisor is able to keep right balance between Technical solution and Commercial aspects.
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor should also have the ability to prioritise and plan own tasks, aligning with Sales priorities.
- As well as the other tasks of the Technical Helpdesk Advisor role the candidate should have a good understanding of their own capability (limitations) when handling complex queries and making proper escalation.
Qualifications & Education required for Technical Helpdesk Advisor:
- It is a requirement that the Technical Helpdesk Advisor candidate has a minimum of a degree in technical discipline (Chemistry or Engineering is preferable).
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Technical Helpdesk Advisor:
- Ideally, the most suitable candidate for the Technical Helpdesk Advisor role will have lubricants or other relevant experience is beneficial.
- Customer-facing experience is beneficial to the Technical Helpdesk Advisor role.
- It is a requirement that the Technical Helpdesk Advisor has the following language skills: Regional/country languages and English are essential. Others are beneficial.
- The Technical Helpdesk Advisor individual will need superior communication skills (written and verbal), good presentation skills.
- Product and Application knowledge as well as good Commercial Awareness is imperative for the Technical Helpdesk Advisor role