The Technical Customer Service Manager Colloidal Silica, Chromatography & Defoamers is responsible for supporting the growth of the business in the various colloidal applications, the chromatography resin field and the recently acquired defoamer business. The following tasks are a key part of the role: providing technical support, troubleshooting and giving recommendations that will maximise the value in the different applications. The position is critical in providing consultative technical support to our customers, Sales and Marketing.
- Provides technical expertise and services to customers on the use of colloidal silica products, as functional additives and processing aids throughout the different industrial applications in close coordination with Sales, Marketing and Business Development.
- Gain expert knowledge on the Silica Chromatography portfolio and provide support to the customers.
- Become the go-to person for all technical related questions on the recently acquired defoamer product line.
- Setup of an applications lab for the colloidal & chromatography products allowing customer relevant testing and development.
- Act as technological interphase between the company and the customers by cooperating closely with commercial and technical departments. This role is vital to support new customer acquisition, expand the application reach, support introduction of new products and help to define the future development and strategic direction of the segment.
- Drive & support new product launches with the EMEA region.
- Based on customer interactions and industry insights, transfer & communicate to the company’s internal functions (R&D, sales and marketing teams) to contribute to developing innovative products and improvements for existing products.
- Develops and maintains customer contacts through technical competence and regular visits to key accounts; diagnoses and solves customer´s technical problems and advises on the use and properties of products.
- Plans and executes supporting lab work to address specific customer or market requests.
- Represents the company at conferences, trade shows and technical seminars including preparation of presentations, publications or customer training.
- Acts as focal point for any questions related to the application area of expertise for internal and external partners, evaluates & reports on industry trends and competitive products, decides product fitness for use, resolves technical complaints, and provides product performance data
- Scientific education (MsC, PhD) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years Technical experience in the colloidal and/or chromatography markets
- Silica product knowledge would be an asset
- Fluency in written & spoken English and German
- Good organisation, time management and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel when and as required by the business needs (travel anticipated 30%, with international travel.)