As a member of our global coatings technical customer service group you will be responsible for supporting the growth of the coating business with a focus on Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Main Responsibilities for Technical Customer Service Manager
- Ideally based in our European Headquarters close to Frankfurt, you will be the technical expert for all questions regarding applications, characteristics and modifications for your assigned portfolio of coating products in the EMEA region.
- Providing professional technical assistance and advice on the best possible use of our coating products and working together with the sales team to create the best solution of your customers, will form an integral part of your role.
- Working closely with R&D, marketing and technology management. Your ambition will be to find the perfect solution for any specific customer requirements and application.
- You will provide support in diagnosing and solving technical problems in production, develop targeted test strategies and work closely with our laboratory experts.
- By providing technical presentations and comprehensive on-site training, you will ensure the successful implementation of new and improved coating products.
- Constantly tracking and evaluating the viability of new technologies, monitoring current trends, the market and the competitive environment in the coating business will be another item on your multifaced agenda.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients, you will be an inspiring advisor with whom they like to discuss ideas and future developments. Drawing on your insights and sharing them with our R&D teams, you will contribute to developing new innovative catalysts and present solutions for tomorrows customer requirements.
- Chemist or chemical engineer with at least 5 years of experience in engineering, technical service or another technical function in the field of the coating.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – business fluent in German and English. Other languages are a plus.
- What else counts enthusiasm, willingness to travel (35-40%) and a pronounced team spirit.
Our client are global leaders within Speciality Chemicals, they provide innovative products, technologies and services. The company operates and/or sells to customers in more than 70 countries.