Our client are global leaders within Speciality Chemicals, they provide innovative products, technologies and services. The company operates and/or sells to customers in more than 70 countries.
THE POSITION: TCS Manager Beer
Purpose of Position:
As the company technical expert in beer production technology, you will manage the TCS laboratory activities in order to provide effective technical service support to ensure customer satisfaction. Provide oversight and coaching to TCS Engineers related to beer applications globally.
- Global TCS expert on beer application and use of products.
- Develop and maintain customer contacts through technical competence and regular visits
- to key accounts. Diagnose and solve customer´s technical problems. Advise on the use and properties of products.
- Carry out supporting lab work such as TSRs or Application Development programs to address specific customer or market requests. Suggest modification to the customer´s process or product of use to optimize usage of products at the customer.
- Troubleshoot problems; provide product support to sales/marketing/ customer
- Based on customer interactions and industry insights, determine customer needs (current/future), evaluate industry trends and competitive products. Transfer and communicate this information to the internal functions (R&D, Sales and Marketing teams) to contribute to developing innovative products and improvements for existing products.
- Train employees and customers regarding properties performance benefits and value of products. Support sales growth by optimizing existing product application and facilitate technical approval from the customer.
- Prepare for and conduct customer trials for the evaluation of products.
- Understand customer scale-up protocols and tools available to support them
- Run trials on laboratory/ pilot scale, and commercial line conditions. Take results to next stage of sales effort; provide feedback to labs
- Troubleshoot issues with products on customers’ line
- Provide technical support for production and quality control
- Identify the need for new products or improvement to existing products and feed input into the
- PRISM pipeline / PIP process
- Provide technical input for development for technical literature
- Represent the company at regional conferences and tradeshows
- Support new product industrial tests at Plant
- Provides coaching and direction to TCS Engineers for beer applications around the globe
- Provides TCS support of other consumer segments where needed
- Strong communication skills – including Basic English (written and oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to develop and establish a relationship at all hierarchical levels
- Be organized, detailed and goal-oriented
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Ability to self-motivate and be pro-active
- Problem-solving oriented
- Managing teams
- Brew Master Degree or Bew Technologist
- 5 – 7 years of experience working in chemicals manufacturing
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 436