The Technical Customer Service Manager Process Adsorbents is responsible for supporting the growth of the business in the various Process Adsorbents applications, with a strong focus on Europe, Middle East & Africa. The following tasks are a key part of the role: providing technical support, troubleshooting and giving recommendations that will maximize the value of the company’s adsorbents materials in drying and purification units operated by the chemical, refining, petrochemical and gas industries.
· Provides technical expertise and services to our customers on the use of molecular sieve, silica & alumina products, into the process adsorbents and other industries in close coordination with Sales, Marketing and Business Development.
· Identify customer needs for Adsorbent products, develop and maintain strong technical relationships with customers and create maximum value through the product and service.
· Diagnose and solve customer’s technical problems. Advise on the use, properties and modifications of products. Act as an expert regarding the functions of the company’s Adsorbent products for use in the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical industries.
· Process design of new adsorption units and rating of existing adsorption units in case of revamp, capacity expansion or replacing of adsorption materials, frequently with associated warranties or performance guarantees.
· On-site measurements regarding performance and unit optimisation.
· Preparation of technical presentations and operators training material at customer’s site.
· Provide supervision of adsorbent loading at customer’s site and advise the customer in start-up issues related to the adsorbent material properties.
· Monitor the operation and performance of products for adsorptive materials applications. Collect and analyse detailed operating data. Evaluate and document results. Develop technical marketing information for general use.
· Prepare product performance and efficiency data to support sales proposals. Write technical response letters and proposals to support sales in gaining the business at the customers.
· Determine the need for new products or improvements in existing products. Evaluate industry trends and competitive products.
· Coordinate customer request for product studies in support of marketing or for troubleshooting purposes. Provide background and detailed test strategy to lab personnel. Follow progress and reports results to the customer.
· Represent the company at regional conferences, trade shows, seminars.
· Based on customer interactions and industry insights, transfer & communicate to the internal functions (R&D, sales and marketing teams) to contribute to develop innovative products and improvements for existing products.
· Plans supporting lab work to address specific customer or market requests
· Chemical Engineer with at least 10 years experience in a renowned Engineering House dealing with the (Petro)chemical, Natural Gas industry.
· Ideal candidate would also have several years working in an actual (Petro)Chemical or Natural Gas company.
· Fluency in written & spoken English and German
· Good organisation, time management and interpersonal skills
· Must be able to travel when and as required by the business needs (travel anticipated 40%, with international travel.)
· strong leadership and communication skills (internal as well as external)