Fortum is an energy company providing customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with their subsidiary Uniper, Fortum is the third-largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe and the company strategy is to heavily invest in wind and solar energy. The ONE Team Renewables Fortum/Uniper is developing PV-solar and onshore wind in Europe.
The Technical Asset Manager will work closely with the rest of the team, especially the asset management and construction. The Technical Asset Manager’s most important task is to ensure the high performance of the wind farms in Finland and Sweden. In addition, in a small but growing team, your expertise and knowledge outside of asset management are also valued.
At Fortum, you have a chance to rotate to other divisions as well to learn and develop your skills also outside the world of renewables.
You ideally work from Finland, Espoo or Närpiö, but some other locations could also be considered.
- Contribute and share your knowledge and expertise to our value chain (project development, construction, operations and power sales).
- Coordinate and carry out (with the subcontracting specialist) inspections of the wind turbines as well as the balance of plant.
- Reporting on the performance of operational assets.
- Secure high and improving technical operative performance.
- Ensure the QHSE rules are followed according to local regulations.
- Manage stakeholder relationships, e.g. with service providers.
- Supporting the Asset Manager in communication with investor and owner from a technical perspective.
- Use turbine knowledge and experience to bring additional expertise and track technical issues on our wind turbines and substations.
Background & Requirements
- A technical background in wind power operations and/or construction phases. Expertise and experience from the OEM side such as wind turbine blades, gearboxes, electrical grids etc. are seen as an advantage.
- Knowledge from the wind sector in the Nordics.
- Readiness to travel domestically and internationally (mostly in Northern Europe).
- Fluent in Finnish; Swedish and English.
- Open-minded, flexible and result-oriented.
- Readiness to take on tasks also outside of your position.
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Organizational skills.