We are searching for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) who is passionate and takes great pride in launching high-quality products into the Electric Vehicle (EV) charging market. The position will collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to monitor, triage and diagnose quality issues, and drive corrective actions with external partners to prevent future quality events.
The ideal candidate will identify technical problems with suppliers and implement corrective actions. They also increase quality reliability, use their engineering skills to execute tools for calibration systems, and regulate product transition requirements. They also conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. These professionals also must manage process controls, establishing schedules for reviewing supplier and quality performance.
In addition, supplier quality engineers measure readiness throughout the product development cycle.
Requires a bachelor's degree in the area of speciality and at least 5+ years of experience in a related area. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of quality concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to
- Own and coordinate all supplier-related issues for test, triage, inspection and return of faulty components for rework, refurbishment, replacement, or credit
- A key focus of this role will be to manage quick turn around of Service Level Agreement parts for root cause analysis (RCA) and repair or replacement via the suppliers
- Manage the return material process (RMA) for the European facility
- Manage and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem
- solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Own the coordination, tracking, reporting and closure of field quarantines, rework or recalls.
- Collaborate with in-region operations and quality team members to implement effective processes for incoming materials (IQC), work-in-process (WIP) and finished goods (FG) and align with Customer Support (CX)
- Support the research and find the best vendors to supply materials needed for the manufacturing process
- Analyze and mine data using various database systems such as Salesforce, NetSuite, JIRA, Pulse and manufacturing test data
- Collaborate with technical teams to perform root cause failure analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions to preclude recurrence of issues from suppliers
- Manage problem-solving through to resolution via the Non-conformance management system (Jira)
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to the area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission.
- Support implementation of the closed-loop system on product-related issues during EFFA (Early Field Failure Analysis) phase as data is collected and reported.
- Conduct supplier quality control audits on a regular basis for supplier validation, root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issue
- Maintain a supplier database and include performance evaluations and quality control audits in the database for in-house access by company and manufacturing management personnel
- Lead quality audits assist with logistics, including communications with vendors when there are packaging and
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent the occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system receiving issues when materials arrive at receiving dock
Skills and Experience required:
- BE. /BS. degree in a technical discipline (i.e., engineering or quality assurance) with 5 years of Mechanical/Electrical or Quality Engineering experience. In lieu of degree, the candidate must have 10 years QE experience.
- Experience with supplier quality process is required
- Understand and interpret all manufacturing audits, including ISO 9001 and other industry standards
- Experience with six sigma techniques demonstrated problem-solving and root cause analysis skills (green belt or above is highly desirable)
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starting, self-directed individual
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Excellent computer skills (including, but not limited to Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Internet Search Skills)
- High energy to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- ASQ CQA or CQE certification is desirable
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Understanding of NTF process (VDA)
- The familiarity of Lean manufacturing processes & process control
- Understanding of Field Failure Analysis process
- Experience working on high volume and complex mechanical or electronics products