Our client is an industrial manufacturing company. For over 100 years, employees have kept this spirit alive. Within the company employees work with a foundation of respect combined with risk-taking, our employees have the creative freedom as well as the resources necessary to pursue ideas that lead to customer-focused solutions.
The Position: Strategic Product & Marcom Manager
The position of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager is responsible for the management of an assigned group of products marketed domestically and internationally with a strong focus on international growth & new product development. Specifically, you will initiate, coordinate and lead in the commercialization of new products and manage activities affecting profitability, including product life cycle management and cost-savings projects. You will direct the application of company resources to resolve any sales and customer issues for your assigned lines, driving product development activities and decisions that grow our position in the market as a premium supplier of chemical solutions and the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities for the role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager:
New Product Development
- Meet regularly with customers, sales teams, technical service, channel partners, specifiers, research and development teams and others to understand customer needs and product requirements (voice of the customer / observational VOC).
- As Strategic Product & Marcom Manager the candidate will be required to attend monthly meetings to be held with various stakeholders within different market segments and regions to identify customer needs and product requirements. To also keep abreast of new product offering and solutions in the local market and globally.
- Establish product requirements that ensure a strong and clear value proposition for the product by customer segment. Act as the link between customer and internal team (R&D, Operations) to translate customer needs into product specifications. As required, establish partnerships to complement the range of products, services and solutions that can be offered to the customer.
- A key role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager will be to develop new products and offerings with defined criteria and aligned to customer needs with a key focus on differentiation.
- Manage the product life cycle (including the Product Roadmaps) and assist with the communication and expectation setting with customers.
- The Strategic Product & Marcom Manager will have to provide the correct Technical Data to quality so that the Technical Data Sheet can be created based on the correct tests performed and raw material COA verification.
- Create and maintain a product portfolio so that a controlled but shared database contains the correct information for the correct products.
Technical Training & Support
- Motivate and provide continuous technical product support to internal and external customers as needed (not limited to product training to agents, distributors, customers etc.) as well as compile technical data information for creation of Technical Data Sheets.
- The Strategic Product & Marcom Manager Assisting will be assisting finance to select and set priorities for process, price and margin improvement projects using the company’s toolbox (FTB 80/20, PLS, USA, etc.) working with the operations teams.
- Assist fellow team members and workers in relation to marketing and technical product information as well as assisting in customer complaints and feedback.
Marketing & Sales
- Perform Market research, competitive analysis and business data (unit volumes, revenues and margin) reporting to understand market and business trends and make informed decisions for current and future product direction.
- As Strategic Product & Marcom Manager the candidate will be expected to prepare monthly competitor reports and analysis regarding market and product segment performance activities. Key account responsibility for specific customers.
- Work as part of a Marketing Team to create and maintain marketing plans, advertising and sales tools including brochures, product descriptions, technical data sheets, web content, attend seminars and tradeshows for customer interaction.
- The role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager will have to assist the Sales Manager in creating professional, modern and high-quality marketing material to be used across all spectrums of advertising from print to social media. This material must be readily available to all agents and staff as required with best application and usage.
- Management of selected Key account customers accordingly to the company requirements thereby ensuring growth per customer based on revenue generated and customer satisfaction feedback
Qualifications & Education required for Strategic Product & Marcom Manager:
- The candidate who is best suited to the Strategic Product & Marcom Manager role will have a Bachelors in Business / Marketing or a related field. Technical background or education is a plus.
- Minimum 3- 5 years’ experience in a Marketing/Product Management/Sales function.
- The role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager will need Consumer Goods marketing, Automotive Aftermarket marketing and/or sales experience and/or MBA a plus.
- B2B and industrial channel experience from a chemical business is preferred for the role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager.
- Experience in new product development and technical program management.
- New product commercialization experience.
- Knowledge of Strategic Product Planning and Product Road-mapping is required for the Strategic Product & Marcom Manager position.
- Marketing and collateral development, including specification and technical writing
- A demonstrable record of success in new product ideation and commercialization
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferred for the Strategic Product & Marcom Manager role:
- The position of A demonstrable record of success in new product ideation and commercialization will be required to travel up to 30%.
- Excellence communication and presentation skills
- The candidate best suited to the role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager will have passion and drive to deliver results
- Able to build productive business relationships
- The role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager will be a highly organized and efficient individual.
- Solid business acumen
- Demonstrated negotiation skills are preferred for the role of Strategic Product & Marcom Manager.
- Must have a passion for product ownership and business development.
- The candidate must possess and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to be successful in the Strategic Product & Marcom Manager role.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 439