Our client is a fast-moving technology company working towards transforming the energy industry. Their vision is for a green energy world, powered by smart technology, whilst providing game-changing tools to this established sector to enable greater amounts of renewable generation to be used.
New vacancy for a Strategic Account Manager. You will help to drive ambitious plans for revenue growth. The client´s cloud-based data platform sits at the centre of the clean energy transition. This sector is experiencing exceptionally high growth and as their product becomes more powerful they are looking for a highly entrepreneurial individual who is experienced at identifying, leading and closing complex technology sales opportunities in the energy sector.
The job can be done from the company office in Cambridge or remotely from the UK. You will be required to be in the office 2-3 times a month.
- Drive revenue growth, through upselling to existing customers, as well as targeting new customer acquisition.
- Act as the overall lead for the account relationship, ensuring that stakeholders and influencers in the account are well managed and understand the client´s capability.
- Find new growth opportunities within existing accounts, take ownership and drive them through to conclusion. Manage change processes and take the lead on drafting contract changes.
- Act as both bid manager and commercial (pricing) manager for deals relating to your customer/accounts. Collaborate with internal teams to deliver high-quality pitches / RFP responses.
- Own leading value and service pricing and profitability planning, in collaboration with their extended commercial team.
- Drive further revenue growth through product or service enhancements and through establishing compelling customer value propositions.
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans, new CXO relationships and continue to develop existing relationships.
- Collaborate closely with solutions, product and technology teams, as well as with C-level internal stakeholders in order to drive positive customer outcomes and revenue growth.
- Be a customer champion. Push for products, features and services to be added to grow our customer base and revenue.
Background and requirements
- Extensive experience in the energy industry, ideally with a focus on power trading, renewable power generation and/or battery energy storage.
- Strong level of technical capability tand understanding, as evidenced either by STEM-based education and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 years experience managing large accounts in a B2B high-value enterprise-grade solutions to large corporate´s in Software & Services, SaaS, PaaS and other technology applications.
- Knowledge with sectors such as; Energy trading software, asset management, flexibility services would be useful.
- Experienced from lead generation to deal closure, contracting, account management and customer upsell.
- A good understanding of solution selling as well as other sales techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills, and willingness to learn about our product and able to provide product demonstrations to customers.
- Understand the business needs of power traders and have a track record in selling solutions to them.
- Experience in selling products at an early stage of maturity into large corporate and executing a ‘land and expand strategy.
- A strong network of industry contacts.
- Commercial contracting and/or pricing experience.