A globally known manufacturer of energy storage systems with offices across the globe. Our client’s energy storage systems also use revolutionary battery technology & aim to be the world leading energy storage business.
Purpose - Sr Technical Field Engineer (Energy Storage Systems )
Senior Technical Field Engineer to serve as an important technical interface between customers and be responsible for supporting proposals, running design and performance software for solar, microgrid and energy storage designs. In addition, you will be actively involved in technical development on the leading edge of the energy storage industry.
- Working out the technical and economic aspects of new renewable energy sites, including windfarms, solar installations and hydro or marine power
- Carry out site and ground condition inspections for new and existing sites.
- Using computer modelling software to produce detailed designs and energy production estimates.
- Ensure that the installation and running of renewable energy sites meet environmental laws.
- Preparing project plans, schedules of work and cost estimates
- Managing the integration of the renewable energy produced into existing systems.
- Testing equipment and processes in a lab to make sure they are suitable for wide-scale use.
- Liaising with energy providers, contractors and other engineering and science professionals.
- Serve as the technical point of contact for customers and partners to support sales.
- Serve as the technical liaison and point of coordination between sales, engineering, and product management to ensure efforts align to meet customers/project needs.
- You need to be able to manage projects, budgets, and deadlines.
- Work as part of a team and independently on your own
Background and Requirements
- Electrical engineering experience involving solar, alternative energy & microgrid related technologies.
- Demonstrated capability to use simulation and design tools.
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field (i.e., electrical engineering)
- Solid communication skills (written, verbal) that include direct experience in customer interactions and proposal writing.
- Willingness to travel with the possibility of international project execution.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- IT skills, including computer-aided design software.
- Fluent speaking English & Dutch Is required for this role.