As Sourcing Manager, you execute the uninterrupted supply of raw materials and primary packaging in support of manufacturing activity at our client's company. You manage the process of external manufactured goods and you support other departments with procurement activities. Beside this, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop towards more strategic responsibilities.
- Prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ) and identifies sources eligible to receive RFQ for simple and routine procurement requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between multiple departments and personnel to ensure the delivery of appropriate raw materials and primary packaging to manufacturing facilities through ordering and expediting as needed
- Manages relationships with key suppliers and internal functions and proactively communicates demand schedules to suppliers
- Creates supplier specific strategies and improvement initiatives while enlisting the work of other departments; maintains supplier’s requisite programs to manage unanticipated demand spikes as needed; creates and manages lead-time reduction programs with key suppliers
- Analyses broad purchasing practices, evaluates quotes and performs cost/price and value analysis to select, recommend or develop alternative suppliers
- Negotiates with suppliers on price, schedule, terms and conditions and any other contractual requirements.
- Manages supplier performance during the performance period, including but not limited to follow-up on orders placed to verify delivery and/or resolve any contractual issues.
- Creates purchase requisitions and reviews invoices including expediting shipments by preparing and follow-up on orders, obtains certifications of delivery and verifies against purchase orders and follow-up of non-conformities
- Maintains necessary records of purchase, price, stock and consumption, supplier/vendor, specifications and catalogue files
- Manages the process for outsourced goods.
- Evaluates suppliers for compliance with QHSE standards.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economy or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Purchase/Sourcing position.
- Knowledge of Purchasing fundamentals in a manufacturing environment
- You can easily handle Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and you preferably have experience with an ERP package.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken. Ideally also in French.
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Skills & competencies:
- Strong entrepreneurial mind, self-motivated, takes an initiative
- You are a natural networker and have the flair the develop robust and successful relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- You have a flexible and solution-oriented mindset. You have a “can do” mentality.
- You are highly communicative and persuasive; you possess influencing skills.
- You are hands-on and apply a proactive approach.
- You are eager to learn, you can absorb a lot of information and you know how to set priorities.
- You can deal with deadlines; work efficiently and accurately and have a strong orientation to detail.
- You are driven and have a positive attitude.
- You work autonomously with the necessary team spirit.
- Drive for excellence.