Our client is one of the major global innovators in Renewable Energy, Cleantech, Smart Energy, IoT and eMobility Solutions. This position is being offered by their e-mobility business unit which offers a line of Smart Grid-ready EV charging stations with world-class grid management and user-facing control features, managed through their cloud-based platform.
THE POSITION – Product Manager, Energy Services, e-mobility
The Energy Services Product Manager will be responsible for product management over a range of products within the Energy Services portfolio of e-mobility. They will be working within a small team of product managers in Europe and the US.
Main responsibilities include:
- Research, define and specify product functionalities:
- Collaborate with Energy Services Business Development, Global Sales, Regional Sales and Marketing Teams in order to understand customer requirements
- Engage externally with customers, competitors, and other stakeholders in the energy and mobility value chains in order to define the best product characteristics
- Collaborate with Global Technology teams and Global Digital Solutions team to ensure good alignment across the company’s product portfolio
- Work directly with a dedicated team of software engineers to develop the products on time and on budget
- Monitor execution of software and hardware development projects and take part in cross-functional project meetings
- Collaborate with UX Team to ensure seamless user experience for company products.
- Maintain product offering profitability, including monitoring of value generated by energy services
- Assess the viability of partner energy projects, perform financial and product-market fit analysis.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations, financial spreadsheets and forecasts, grant applications and safety compliance certifications, such as UL, FCC, and CE
- Some business travel to unanticipated customer and partner sites in Europe and internationally will be required (up to 40% of time)
Background & Requirements
Technical skills to include:
- Working knowledge of software product management
- Knowledgeable in C#, Python and MATLAB (minimally), other languages and development frameworks a plus
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated software tools
- Has managed the development of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product offerings and/or cloud software
- Working knowledge of the electricity value chain, including electrical utility data and billing, Demand Response programs, utility tariff structures, third-party utility data providers
- Good understanding of Smart grids and distributed energy resources, both hardware and software: batteries, solar panels, thermostats...
- Experience with financial analysis, including preparing and presenting financial pro-forms and forecasts
- Ability to manage large workloads and prioritize value creation
Soft skills to include:
- Ability to work in a global organization with international stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate the work of remote teams
- Customer centric approach
- Negotiation skills and goals oriented
- Good planning and problem-solving approach
- Great Communication skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a software product manager, with results,delivered
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Energy industry
- Understanding/experience with EVs and EV charging infrastructure a plus
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Fluent English
- Proficiency in Italian a plus