SIte Manager – Wind Farm Construction
Various Projects UK & Overseas
Health & Safety | Accident INvestigation & Reporting | Documentation | Method Statements | Training | Audits | PPE
Intelligent Employment is seeking a Site Manager for an international organisation specialising in Construction and Training for the Wind industry.
As the Site Manager, you will be responsible for the entire site and its crew. Your responsibilities will include;
- Act as site manager for site operations on wind farm projects (or other as designated by your employer).
- Co-ordinate activities onsite in cooperation with general/project managers to assist in resultant successful projects.
- Represent the company onsite with our client in a professional, respectful and business-like manner.
- Manage assigned personnel to ensure safe sites are driven as paramount importance.
- Manage assigned personnel to ensure the prudent running of each project.
- Manage project to ensure proper and accurate recording of project according to Employers requests.
Your tasks will include;
- Assist project manager in project set up. Designate appropriate personnel numbers and roles. Designate appropriate plant and equipment resources.
- Communicate project specific health and safety requirements. Ensure personnel are fully compliant with the companies’ health and safety expectations.
- Communicate the project schedule, quality expectations, deadlines and milestones to all project personnel.
- Robust management of staff. Co-ordinate and organize work for all personnel employed onsite (Technicians, crane personnel, subcontractors). If no work available, then ensure personnel are sent home in a prudent and timely manner.
- Maintain and adhere to Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety company policies. Ensure weekly audits of same.
- Manage accurate recording and reporting of all personnel’s weekly hours sent to payroll dept. in a timely manner.
- Manage accurate recording and reporting
- Endeavour to agree local resolution to client and operational issues.
- Ensure turbines are inspected prior to client inspection and are of the highest quality.
- Ensure prudent management of all hired equipment, accommodation etc, especially at project close.
- Commercial awareness.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years site management experience in construction/heavy lift background ideally from Wind Power.
- Ability to work away from home, including overseas, 4 weeks on; 1 week off rotation.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Computer literate. Word, Excel etc.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Attention to detail.
You would be working for a leading wind turbine installation company offering heavy cranage and mechanical / electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market. In addition, they one of the UK and Ireland’s largest training providers to the Wind industry.