Our client is an industrial solid company, belonging to a multinational group with a significant presence in domestic and international markets as well as having a recognizable brand identity.
Location: San Sebastian, Spain
The Position: SHEQ Manager
The SHEQ Manager observes and overlooks all activities and policies related to SHEQ. They will also prepare reports, carry out risk assessments and audits as well as ensuring that operations are conducted in an environment free from incidents and injuries, whilst also operating in accordance with the law and regulations of the company by integrating and implementing policies and procedures.
Key Accountabilities of SHEQ Manager:
- The SHEQ Manager will have to conduct internal audits and will be the first point of contact for any external audits that take place.
- The SHEQ Manager will be responsible for the management and control of any running quality systems.
- Ensure that teams are performing efficiently through setting and tracking KPI’s, gathering data and producing reports for management will be a responsibility of the SHEQ Manager.
- The SHEQ Manager will be expected to inspect and evaluate the environments, equipment and practices in the workplace, in order to ensure compliance with rules and legislation/government regulations.
- A role of the SHEQ Manager will be to enforce a culture of ‘safety first’ among employees.
- The SHEQ Manager will be in charge of developing any security plans as well as defining and implementing any action plans.
- It will be the responsibility of the SHEQ Manager to coordinate an internal and external quarterly meeting with the Health and Safety committee.
- When needed the SHEQ Manager will have to provide the necessary training for issues in the workplace as well as providing guidance for new employees for Health and Safety environments.
Qualifications & Education required for SHEQ Manager:
Relevant university degree | Minimum of 5 years of previous experience | Fluent communication in English | Higher technical qualifications (Occupational Risk Prevention)
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for SHEQ Manager:
Knowledge of management systems | Carry out internal audits | Team player | Cooperate efficiently as part of a team