A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, our client is present in 80 countries with approximately 67,000 employees and serves more than 3.7 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy
The Position: Service Technician (Pipelines)
As Service Technician you will end up in a team of experienced colleagues who are willing to share information and knowledge, you get the space to organize your work and you come into contact with a wide range of challenges. This role offers you the chance to grow and evolve within the client’s global company. As Service Technician the company will provide on-the-job training and an attractive salary package with fringe benefits (including a service car for the trips). Working for this client they are able to provide an environment with a strong commitment to employees.
Key Accountabilities of Service Technician (Pipelines):
- As Service Technician (Pipelines) it will be your responsibility to take care of the maintenance (preventive and reactive) of the pipeline network and the connection stations with customers in the East Flanders, Antwerp, Limburg and South-West Netherlands regions.
- The Service Technician will be expected to spend half of your time on the move to remedy reported failures in the electrical, mechanical and instrumentation areas. You also perform pre-planned preventive maintenance work, make recommendations for improving the safety and reliability of installations on the pipeline network.
- When required the Service Technician will work from the administrative site of Borgerhout (Antwerp) and order the necessary spare parts in time as well as provide analyzes and reports
- Contacting subcontractors and follow up their work, within the pipelines will be a responsibility of the Service Technician role
- The Service Technician will be required to; write the necessary permits and procedures in consultation with the parties involved as well as pay attention to quality and safety regulations in all your actions.
- It is expected of the Service Technician candidate that they will participate in a waiting system to be able to respond quickly to a malfunction within the pipeline network.
Qualifications & Education required for Service Technician (Pipelines):
- To be successful in the Service Technician role the candidate will need a professional bachelor's degree (electricity, electromechanics, etc.) or equivalent through experience in technical maintenance, preferably in the industry.
- Ideally, the Service Technician candidate will live in the Antwerp or Waasland region.
- The Service Technician will need to be able to communicate easily with various people
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Service Technician (Pipelines):
- A knowledge of measurement and control technology or instrumentation is a plus for the Service Technician role
- The Service Technician should be able to work independently and carry out your assignments with care.
- As Service Technician the client is looking for a candidate who shows commitment and a sense of responsibility.