wpd Offshore Stockholm AB designs and develops offshore wind power. They are a part of the wpd group - Europe's leading wind power projector with extensive experience in renewable energy and one of few with 4 built offshore wind power projects as well as 2 in construction.
In this role you will be part of wpd’s offshore wind development team in Sweden. You will be managing your own offshore wind development projects from permitting to construction phase with the help of leading experts within the field.
- Create and manage the budget and time schedule for the project.
- Create and lead the development strategy.
- Cost efficiently secure relevant permits in close collaboration with the EIA team.
- Lead an international, multidisciplinary project team.
- Negotiation harbor and grid Leases.
- Procure and manage external services, such as environmental surveys, technical investigations, as well as other relevant consultant services
- Collaborate with the company HQ in Germany over technical requirements and various issues such as site layout, turbine layout, wind analysis & energy yield, civils, grid connections, turbine technology, installation planning, financial modeling, EIA strategies etc.
- Feasibility studies & due diligence
- Continuously stay up to date with legislation and other factors that affect your project.
- Negotiating, collaborating and maintaining good relationships with stakeholder groups (e.g. authorities, consultants, advisors, grid companies, suppliers).
- Prepare basis for decision and report to local Management
Background & Requirements
- Relevant qualifications in engineering, law, environment or similar.
- Five+ years of experience in project management or consultancy from the wind sector.
- Proven permitting experience and legislative knowledge from the Swedish wind sector (offshore or onshore).
- Knowledge and experience from the Swedish legislations and regulations regards to wind development.
- Great team and collaborative skills.
- Self-starter, independent and autonomous.
- A systematic way of working, yet flexible and agile in a fast-moving business.
- Excellent organization and workflow management skills.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Fluent Swedish and English (written and verbal).
- Excellent written communicator in Swedish