Our client is a progressive global technology company, they develop an award-winning solution for the Electric Vehicle sector. They are a growing business, with a global presence and with a fantastic product offering.
THE POSITION – Senior Marketing Manager Europe
Working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, this position will develop public relations, social media, communications, and marketing plans for Europe, to attract and identify business opportunities. Continually evaluate the adjustment of Europe communications and marketing strategies and plans to meet the changing market and competitive conditions.
- Working collaboratively within a team environment with open communication to produce content for PR campaigns
- Gather internal data and transform datapoint/information into marketable stories, earned media pitches or brand published content
- Facilitate the company’s Public Relations program, organizing the company’s PR agencies and media strategy and analyze media coverage.
- Develop and manage public relations, social media, communication, and marketing plans for Europe, both short and long term, to ensure company messaging and expansion, including:
- External communications / PR campaigns to potential clients, government agencies, business markets, and the public.
- Internal communications to company staff, the company Board of Director
- Provide strategic scope and direction utilizing market trends, company strengths, business accomplishments, and product technologies.
- Produce content for social media distribution. Articles, social media posts, photos, infographics, photo, video.
- Assist with enhanced brand messaging and develop robust communications strategies within a team environment across media channels inclusive of traditional media and social media.
- Develop viral and social media platforms plan to enhance positioning globally.
- Assist with European plans for advertising, public relations, product launch, promotions, internet, third party market support inclusive of creative strategy, and post-program analysis.
- Brand Management and communicate it effectively throughout internal and external channels.
- Responsible for all new product and project launches in Europe working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Assist with planning and execution including participation in conferences and trade shows and represent at such trade shows and other industry conferences in Europe.
- Measure and evaluate market reactions and return on investment to all advertising programs to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions
- Conduct field investigations in concert with sales personnel in Europe and report on competition and market growth.
- Quality Lead Generation resulting from social media, communication, and marketing initiatives. This will be measured against conversion rate, time to conversion, cost per lead, and leads per channel.
- Develop media relationships with a view to building a media contact list for us to own and leverage going forward and maintain this list in SalesForce.
- Manage the Marketing budget for Europe, including monthly and quarterly reconciliations and end of year business planning.
- Establish aggressive and imaginative marketing goals.
- Manage internal customer expectations and provide professional, open, and frequent communication.
- Always provide excellent customer service thereby ensuring strong customer satisfaction results.
- Support companies Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Brand Ambassador
Qualifications and Competencies
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relations with strong public relations knowledge, pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits, and writing press releases.
- Knowledge of communications and marketing programs, activities, and strategies.
- Excellent team-building/management skills; ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to external and internal stakeholders and the ability to influence others to adopt his/her recommendations.
- Strong and organized project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters.
- Well developed, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- B.A. or B.S., with a preference for marketing or communications-related field. MBA a plus, but not required.
- Minimum of 12- 15 years of communications and marketing experience in corporate communications, public relations and/or marketing. Some experience in the energy industry is highly desirable including experience in renewable energy, Electric Vehicle and solar.
- International experience with global perspective preferred.
- 10-15% travel required.