Senior DriveTrain Fellow - Wind Turbine Engineering Design Expert
Silkeborg, Denmark with travel to China
Wind Turbine Design | Drivetrain | Gearbox | Mechanical Engineering | Physics | Leadership | Innovation | Renewable Energy | Wind Energy | Wind Power | Cleantech
Our client is establishing a new Drivetrain Business Unit of which the main focus will be to create quantum leaps in the innovation of gearbox and bearings. The Drivetrain BU is expected to cover in-house design of gearbox and key bearings as well as the fully control of second and third level supply chain of the key components. The in-house gearbox and key bearings assembly workshop is to be set up as a part of the Drivetrain business unit in 2019 and 2020.
For the new Drivetrain business unit, we are now looking for a Senior Fellow with extensive proven experience in wind turbine gearbox design. You will get a leading role in the new business unit and thus must have leadership capabilities.
- As Senior Fellow at the Drivetrain business unit, you should have a clear view of the design concepts in the industry and the ability to develop correspondingly a technology strategy roadmap for drivetrain systems, particularly for wind turbine gearbox development in the company.
- You will lead the advanced gearbox design team, including the efforts of establishing guidance and tools, corporate with universities and research institutions to identify RCA and research work and represent the company at related industry conferences
- You will work closely with the sourcing and manufacturing teams to qualify and develop gearbox suppliers for production fulfilment and cost out purpose.
- You are willing to take responsibility for the competitiveness of our gearbox products, in terms of fulfilling wind turbine requirements in the lifecycle, technically and cost wise.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- You hold a Master’s degree or above in mechanical engineering or physics. You have more than 15 years proven experience in wind turbine gearbox design, validation, manufacture and troubleshooting. In addition, experience with drivetrain of WTG for other major components i.e. main bearing & drivetrain system configuration design will be an advantage.
- You are familiar with wind turbine gearbox development with a clear vision of the technology trends and roadmap. You are motivated by challenging state of the art and aspire to deliver ground-breaking innovation.
- You can demonstrate your expertise with more than 5 successful wind turbine gearbox developments incl. design, testing & gearbox manufacturer. Your experience with gear material process engineering will be an advantage.
- You have more than 3 years of senior engineering leader experience with proven capability to lead and coach a global gearbox development team. You are used to cooperating with universities and research institutions to identify the failure modes and solution concepts. Furthermore, you are accustomed to working with suppliers or customers in a technology cooperation framework.
- You have a strong global mindset and are able to engage global team members with your good (English) communication skills. In short, an inspiring person.
- You always put customers at the centricity, and you can work under high work pressure sometimes due to that reason.
You would be working for one of the world’s most innovative Renewable Energy companies.