K2 Management support their clients in their efforts to develop and operate wind and solar projects that achieve the best possible return on investment. They are a global team of highly experienced specialists with practical knowledge from wind and solar projects from all over the world and they are dedicated to supporting their clients’ efforts to achieve their project milestones, within targeted cost, schedule, and quality parameters, so the resulting wind farms operate as expected. K2 Management has offices worldwide and employs 180+ people today.
The Senior Environmental Consultant will join K2 Managements HSEQ team who delivers high quality and optimum environmental and consenting support to their clients’ renewable energy projects. The position can be based at K2 Managements headquarters in Aarhus or at one of their offices in Copenhagen, Bristol or Glasgow. You will report to their Director, HSEQ & RM.
- Environmental and consenting review during Due Diligence and Pre-feasibility studies.
- Consultation on Project development and consenting process.
- Environmental risks and constrains identification and management.
- Review and quality assurance of 3rd party environmental documentation.
- Consultation in relation to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), mitigation and monitoring.
- Negotiations and liaison with statutory authorities and other stakeholders.
- Preparation of project documentation.
- Participate in optimizing internal processes.
Background and requirements
- Qualification from a relevant field of study.
- More than 8 years of international experience working with consenting and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) of renewable energy projects and/or other large scale infrastructures.
- Strong ability to work independently and to be proactive and seek information within the organisation.
- Experience with Equator Principles review and review of compliance with IFC performance standards.
- Preferably, experience from working as a consultant and thus flexible towards deadlines, workloads and of working with colleagues and clients in different time zones.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You work accurately and have an eye for detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good communication skills