Enel Green Power, part of the Enel Group business dedicated to the development and management of energy production from renewable sources worldwide. We have an energy generation mix that includes wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass. Enel Green Power are active in 30 countries with over 1,200 plants.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for monitoring the supply of products and services essential for the company’s operations in Germany, with a focus on purchasing Civil and Electrical services during the EPC phase of Wind and Solar Projects.
- Carry out procurement (Direct and Indirect) for all purchase services, sourcing commodity lead for business functions
- Collaborate with Requesting Units to understand the requirement and come up with the best procurement and contracting strategy.
- Negotiate best price points via market intelligence and competitor analysis with the objective of meeting customer expectations on quality and timelines within stipulated budgets.
- Execute applicable/approved sourcing strategies and drive supplier negotiations to meet the quality, fulfilment, and productivity requirements of the business, including - identification of suitable/appropriate suppliers - articulation of service requirements
- Experience in contracts structure and contract negotiation.
- Audit Closure of related commodity.
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Supplier Management & on-Time payments to vendors for maintaining service continuity.
- Develop successful working partnerships with Finance and other business group leaders to understand their procurement needs.
- Execute Procurement Annual Plans.
BACKGROUND & REQUIREMENTS
- Postgraduate / Graduate in any discipline (preferably mechanical / Electrical) from a recognized University.
- 2-6 years of procurement experience at an international company with proven results history.
- Good knowledge of Civil and Electrical suppliers in Germany.
- Excellent working proficiency in German and English is mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal/communication and group process skills, ability to build confidence with local business managers in their ability to understand their needs and execute value-added Procurement Management activities.
- Successful experience in leading teams in different business cycles and dynamics.
- Working experience with integrations and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Experienced and confident negotiator and communicator at all organization levels and with suppliers
- Good judgment in resolving issues; proactively seek solutions to upcoming issues and offer insights and ideas.
- Ability to interact with major EPC companies, contractors & suppliers