Plexigrid’s purpose is to make the energy transition faster and more affordable for billions of people around the world. The energy transition is at the core of the world’s fight against climate change, also known as “the race to zero”. The transition involves replacing fossil fuels with renewable energy as well as electrifying transport, industry, heating/cooling. The combination of increasingly decentralized and weather-dependent electricity production with the explosive growth of electricity demand is creating unprecedented challenges in our electricity grids, which are hampering the speed and affordability of the transition.
Plexigrid’s game-changing technology addresses and solves these challenges by integrating and orchestrating the grid with all the flexible loads connected to it (electric vehicles, batteries, solar PV, heat pumps, AC Units…) in a smart and flexible way. Plexigrid reduces energy and network costs by 35% for the benefit of everybody and makes networks smarter, more resilient, and more sustainable.
As a Senior Business Developer, you will have the chance to work with some of the world’s leading energy companies, enabling them to transform their grids and their energy supply operations. To collaborate with outstanding colleagues and ecosystems partners.
The objective of this role will be to prospect, business develop and win new customer accounts for Plexigrid across the Nordic region. Ultimately, driving Plexigrid’s growth while delighting Plexigrid’s customers and partners.
- Establishing productive and collaborative relationships with your customers, particularly with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Understanding your customers’ strategy, needs, challenges as well as their technology platforms and technology roadmaps.
- Co-creating winning solutions with your customers and with Plexigrid’s tech and operations teams.
- Establishing Plexigrid as a strategic partner for your customer’s energy transition.
- Planning, executing and following up marketing and sales plans.
- Preparing technical and commercial offers… and converting them into orders.
- Delivering or exceeding your top-line growth targets and business development goals.
- Constantly monitoring the market, understanding all the relevant competitors, ecosystem partners and market makers.
- Getting continuous customer feedback about Plexigrid technology and products, to make them better.
- Contributing to the development of Plexigrid’s market and product strategies.
- Successfully executing these strategies within your area of responsibility.
Background and Requirements
- University degree in engineering, business administration or another relevant degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in management consulting and/or commercial roles in the energy industry.
- Proficient English speaker, other languages positively considered.
- Plexigrid believes in “recruiting for talent and training for skill” so, for exceptional talents, we are prepared to make exceptions to some of the qualifications above.
Skills and Traits
- Passionate about innovation, climate change and the energy transition.
- Self-driven, with a strong sense of purpose and determined to make a difference.
- Solid analytical and strategic abilities combined with social and emotional intelligence.
- Best-in-class communication and stakeholder management skills, with a distinct ability to inspire and influence.
- A quick learner and a curious person who is willing to develop and grow with the company.
- A team player who excels at connecting and collaborating with others.
- A social “four-wheel-drive”, who thrives in dynamic startup environments and flat organizations but can also navigate effectively across the structures and hierarchies of large energy companies.