Our client is a multi-industrial manufacturing company, specialist within innovative chemicals. The Sales Manager will be responsible for growing our Sales. The Sales Manager leads and manages a Sales team in charge of identifying sales opportunities, promoting and selling the company´s wide range of products across the described territories while being directly in charge of managing some key accounts in Spain.
Commercial Strategy and Plans:
- Define the most effective commercial strategy and plans for our business in the region in order to achieve our business objectives and annual plan targets in terms of revenue and margin.
- Implement a differentiated approach to 80/20 customers and products.
- Responsible directly and through his/her direct reports to ensure business growth. Set revenue targets and KPIs for the Sales team. Follow up on the implementation of agreed commercial plans and actions.
- Visit new and existing key accounts regularly to improve customer satisfaction and identify new sales opportunities. Negotiate contracts with key customers.
- Regular reporting on sales figures, sales analysis and sales progress in the area of responsibility.
- Sales forecasting and sales goal setting for the business.
- Identify new sales opportunities, customer expectations and suitable projects to grow the business.
- Identify and attract new accounts, together with the Sales team, to grow our customer network in the mentioned territories
- Maintain and grow our current customer base together with the Sales team. Building long term and profitable relationships with key customers. Direct key account management with the Key Account Headquarters.
- Guarantee that the distributor´s concerns and doubts are timely addressed.
- Prepare and present sales proposals to key accounts.
- Ensure technical support is provided to the distributors with the purpose to increase understanding of our products and help to grow sales.
- Provide input to develop new products to satisfy customers demands.
- Prepare, in collaboration with marketing, sales proposals, promotions, product launches, customers events in the region, etc.
- Provide updated market and competitor information of the assigned territories.
People Management and Talent Development:
- Hire, lead, organize, manage and develop staff to optimize selling, while creating a highly supportive team environment.
- Define sales targets for the Sales team, monitors performance and provide support and coaching to ensure results are achieved. Address performance issues with diligence and care.
Qualifications & Education:
- Master’s Degree required (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in sales management experience in the mentioned regions.
- Experience as a Professional Automotive is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of managing a sales force successfully.
- Travelling extensively across the mentioned territories (about 50% of the time).
- Fluent in Spanish and English, Portuguese will be beneficial.
- Excellence communication, both oral and written, and presentation skills.
- Passion and drive to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to build productive business relationships, to influence and negotiate with large customers in a BtoB environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Analytical skills to identify the potential within a territory.
- Solid business acumen