A leading worldwide specialist in the development, manufacture and supply of metalworking fluids, a leader in custom chemical solutions.
In Europe the company manufactures and supplies a wide range of metalworking products, including water-based and straight oil coolants for metal cutting and grinding, as well as formulations for numerous other types of metalworking applications such as cleaning and forming. Sales and distribution takes place through its own sales branches in nine different European countries as well as via distributors in other countries. Our client is continuously building its reputation for supplying added value with high quality products together with high level product application expertise. Product development is based on customer and market feedback leading to continuous improvement in current products as well as new formulations.
The Sales Engineer, Manages, co-ordinates, builds and develops the business with the constant goal to develop and maintain strong and profitable relationships with both current and potential (direct and indirect) customers and distributors. He is responsible for Sales and Marketing in the area with planning, budget and Margin responsibility and accountability; this includes annual as well as long term sales and margin planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Achieving sales targets set by the Company. Developing the Annual Operating Plan and Long Range Plan based upon targets set for the area;
• Organizing and structuring sales activities; regular visits to main Customers, Opportunities/leads & Distributors in the area and support the sales team at other Customers, Opportunities & Distributors in their territory;
• Manage specific Global/European Accounts in the area, and help develop growth strategies and (European) pricing agreements for those Accounts;
• Creating of new business and sales opportunities; help identifying possible new markets for (new) products and (new) services through all channels within the country or for Europe;
• Continuously collect data and report on market trends, competitive products and pricing and update the CRM database with the latest information;
• Continuously update the progress on running sales opportunities in the sales area and review the CRM management report;
• Implement sales and marketing programs for targeted markets, products or product groups. Manage agreed geographical area (territory);
• Negotiations on local contracts and agreements;
• Local Technical Support to customers and distributors.
Knowledge and Education
• Degree in Chemical or Technical Engineering with at least several years commercial experience preferably in higher value B2B consumable goods industry.
• Experience in Metal Working / Metal Working Fluids industry
• Entrepreneurial attitude, extrovert, self-motivator, diplomatic, sense of humor, internationally oriented;
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to build and develop cross-functional relationships at all levels inside a customer; Strong communication, selling and presentation skills, but also analytical;
• Flexible mind; able to cope with different cultures.
• Preferably a network of contacts within the (metalworking) industry;
• Demonstrated sales and marketing ability and successes;
• Innovative and inspiring;
• French mother tongue and English speaking
Designated Sales Area:
• French South West. Departments: 85-79-86-23-87-16-17-19-24-33-47-46-12-82-40-32-81-31-11-09-65-64-66
• Competitive salary and commission schemes.
• Company car, smartphone and laptop computer are provided.
• Position will be based in the designated area.
• Very Frequent travel inside the country (sales area) is required.
• Travelling across Europe is sometimes required