Sympower is an international cleantech scale-up with offices in 5 different countries. Through their market leading software solution, Sympower accelerates the transition to a clean and sustainable energy system.
Sympower is also the leading demand response provider in the Nordics. One of Sympower’s primary markets is the frequency reserve market, designed to balance, and stabilize the power system. The solution unlocks flexibility in industrial and commercial processes so that companies can generate additional revenue streams from demand response services.
Sympower has got a flat organisation where you will enjoy a flexible, motivating, and international work environment. With this company you will have a chance to contribute to the fight against climate change and to make a difference. Also, in this fast-growing business environment, you will gain experience also outside of your own tasks and responsibilities as well as have a possibility to seize interesting future career opportunities.
In this position you will play an important role in Sympower’s operations in Sweden and in client projects.
As a Sales Engineer you will lead the technical assessments and clarifications, as well as manage and coordinate the implementation and test phases.
You are an important support for the sales team in the early sales stages, and for the engineering team when implementing sold services. The Sales Engineer will work closely with clients and support them with technical questions and inquiries.
- Assess the technical properties of customer processes to evaluate their flexibility potential with the help of the reference installations and best practices.
- Presenting Sympower’s solutions and business cases for the clients as well as discussing technical aspects with them.
- Collaborating with and supporting sales and engineering teams in Sweden and occasionally in other countries.
- Be involved in improving the processes for client acquisition and onboarding.
Background and Requirements
- Relevant educational background (e.g. B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or Energy Engineering).
- 3+ years of experience from engineering in the energy/electricity or energy-intensive industry sector, preferably in electrical installations and/or industrial automation systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Interest in Demand Response.
- Readiness to travel in Sweden and occasionally internationally.
- Swedish B driving license.
- Experience from technical sales and knowledge of reserves and balancing power markets is advantageous.
- Fluency in English and Swedish.
- Good communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Fluency in Danish or Norwegian is a merit.