Our client is a global leader in Wind Turbine technology, Wind Power Project Development and Service. Headquartered in Germany and active globally, with over 30 years’ experience in Wind Power Generation.
The Position: Service Dispatch Coordinator
This role of Service Dispatch Coordinator is an office-based position working with a team of indoor support technicians and supervisors. Teamwork is essential as is a proactive and often diplomatic nature. Service Dispatch Coordinator involves a lot of telephone calls to technicians and excellent logistical and geographical awareness for dispatching technicians accurately and efficiently across the UK.
Key Accountabilities for Service Dispatch Coordinator:
- Coordinate and plan to movements of service technicians and when required, Rotor blade technicians, to and from the turbines and ensure their travel route and schedule is effective and efficient. Be mindful of individual capabilities
- Coordination of teams for maintenance, troubleshooting and identifying relevant WEC’s for this to occur using relevant IT systems
- Maintain consistent, positive and effective communication with in-house technicians to ensure a smooth transition between and full maintenance is completed on all required WEC’s.
- Ensure that all necessary resources are planned to ensure efficient maintenance schedules and no lost time
- Planning maintenance keeping in mind of development, monitoring and updating of the terminal service maintenance plan
- Shift Handover and Weekends
- Provide effective manpower handover to the IHT at the end of the working day to ensure effective continuation of service including updates on daily events and issues where required
- Work with the team leaders and Area Managers to organise and promote on-call duties and rotas for weekends, bank holidays and other covers where required. Ensure there is full coverage and support for weekend working and cover
- Produce reports for supervisors and management on a weekly and monthly basis where required
- Where no service/maintenance can be completed due to the ‘off-season’, organise schedules to help with other essential maintenance, stock checks or use of over-hours for holiday downtime. (always be mindful of the use of over hours due to poor weather conditions and low work)
- To keep track of where outdoor employees are at any given time. Manage outdoor employees’ bookings on and off as part of Health & Safety
- To keep a record of service technician’s sickness, other absences, training courses and working hours
- Authorise technicians’ holidays making sure that you always check their current entitlement beforehand
- If and where necessary, provide a tactful and empathetic response to technician’s questions and queries
- When and where necessary, travel to WEC sites throughout the UK.
Qualifications & Education for Service Dispatch Coordinator
- Level 3 in business studies or equivalent
- Supply Chain courses / City and Guilds in Logistics
- Degree in Business Administration / Logistics
Skills/Experience/Knowledge for Service Dispatch Coordinator:
- Dispatching a large organisation and organising diaries and work schedules.
- Manufacturing/logistics would be advantageous.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 436