To join our client's International Finance Team in Barcelona
As sales controller, you perform a wide range of controllership duties including management reporting and analysis as well as financial planning processes (e.g. forecasting and budgeting). Partner with the business to reach overall company objectives.
Your primary duties are:
- Interact with all levels of the business to identify sales risks and opportunities and provide actionable information.
- Support the sales team in delivering projected sales growth and profitability targets.
- Provide monthly consolidated sales and margin reporting by region, brand, customer and product.
- Conduct monthly variance analysis comparing actuals to the prior year, Budget and Forecast identifying business drives and a breakdown into the price, exchange rate, volume and mix impact.
- Prepare and monitor business cases for new sales initiatives.
- Track sales allowances (e.g. sales commissions, postponed rebates, promotional actions).
- Provide detailed cost centre reporting related to the Sales function.
- Overall support to the International entities to ensure accurate and timely sales reporting.
- Prepare the monthly rolling sales Forecast.
- Participate in the yearly sales Budget process for the International organization.
- Maintain sales data and reporting in IBM Cognos TM1.
- Identify opportunities and drive actions to improve financial processes and systems.
- Perform ad hoc requests to drive business performance.
- Obtaining a Master degree in Economics / Accountancy.
- Shows interest in the business.
- Exposure to an International business environment.
- Understanding of US GAAP and SOX is an advantage.
- Fluent in English (other languages are an asset).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Preferable good knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools, e.g. IBM Cognos TM1, knowledge of ERP systems (Syteline/SAP) is considered an asset.
Your skills and abilities:
- Hands-on, down to earth and able to execute.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, bringing pragmatic and effective solutions.
- Eager to work in a team where members continuously challenge and support each other.
- Effectively partner with the business while maintaining objectivity and independence.
- Capable of communicating complex issues.
- Assertive and capable to create congruency with company objectives.
- Able to Influence others and establish a strong network within a geographically dispersed organization.
- Self-starter, able to plan, prioritize and carry out multiple tasks accurately and within deadlines.
- Strong drive and can-do attitude.
- Willing to travel.