The Sales Area Manager reports to the Area General Sales Manager and is responsible for developing and driving sales across the full range of the product portfolio in the assigned Sales Area and customer base. This will be achieved through a professional approach, a high level of business acumen and developing strong business relationships with customers, prospects and industry influencers. Sales Area Managers are expected to establish and maintain the image of our client as a preferred supplier of products and services at the customer/market interface.
Work for global leaders within the Specialty Chemicals sector, they provide innovative products, technologies and services. The company operates and/or sells to customers in more than 70 countries around the world. Apply to this position and work for one of the premier Specialty chemicals producers in the world.
Area Sales Manager Objectives - (Chemicals & Engineered Materials)
The Sales Area Manager maintains and expands relationships with customers in the defined area. The Sales Area Manager represents the entire range of products and services to assigned customers while leading the forecast planning, the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met.
- Regional planning to ensure adequate coverage of the assigned territory.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key decision-makers and influencers at assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of Sales, Technical Customer Service and Marketing, CSR professionals, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume, gross margin and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Market Development, identify and acquire new customers, build a strong opportunity pipeline.
- Proactively lead a strategic account planning process that develops performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones in the selling process related to each target account.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Support Marketing as required, in expanding into new market segments.
- Ensure compliance with all safety standards and initiatives.
- Provide business and activity metrics as and when requested by Sales Management.
- Attend tradeshow events.
- Utilization of Customer Relationship Management (SalesForce) system.
- Strong business acumen with a broad global perspective on customers & end-user industries/markets.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work with customer teams within the EMEA Region & partly globally.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives, TCS and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Capable of handling a variety of non-product sales-related aspects like responsible care initiative, legal aspects, sustainability, Quality etc.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, open-minded, flexible mindset.
- Team member.
- Willingness to travel 3 possibly 4 days a week of the time is required.
- Complying with all internal and external safety regulations pertaining to environmental protection and occupational & traffic safety according to the EHS system and ensuring that the staff assigned to the executives receive up-to-date training; directly pointing out and stopping identified mistakes or wrong behaviour.
- Fluency in English, Spoken and Written.
- University degree in Chemistry, Business/Economics or similar qualifications from an accredited institution or a comparable educational background.
- Minimum five years of sales experience in a highly competitive business-to-business sales environment, ideally within the chemical industry.
- Located/relocate into the geographical area of responsibility (home office.)
A stimulating international working environment with challenges and career development. For this position, the client will offer a motivational salary package to the successful candidate for this recruitment process.