Our client is seeking to hire post-graduate scientists in the polymer or associated sciences to join us to lead R&D teams to perform early-stage R&D in the fields of polyurethanes, surfactants, CASE and associated fields in Europe. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of a new R&D and Technical Centre in the Netherlands being created to seek innovative solutions and new materials and applications in the identified areas.
You will be expected to participate in technology scouting to identify gaps and needs in the markets, formulate strategies to address these and implement programs in a structured process to develop and improve existing products and their application. This will be done in collaboration with the scientists and engineers in the R&D Centre in Shanghai, China.
- Perform technology scouting to seek technology gaps and needs.
- Identify projects to develop new and improved materials and application.
- Performing routine maintenance of laboratory equipment including calibration.
- Development of test methods with supporting instrumentation techniques and active improvement of current procedures and methods
- Maintaining document lab results
- Perform all required activities in a manner deemed to be safe and with minimal risk to self and co-workers.
- Publishing findings in pertinent highly regarded academic journals
- Participate in laboratory work activities involving polymer development, quality control, materials evaluation, and matching of competitive products.
- Respond properly and quickly to inquiries, either directly to the customer, to sales, regarding technical problems or matters.
- Maintain laboratory facilities in neat and orderly condition to permit maximum employee efficiency and productivity
BACKGROUND & REQUIREMENTS
- Postgraduate degree, ideally masters or doctorate in polymer chemistry or related field with 2+ years of industrial experience
- Experience in a lab environment in polymer synthesis and analytical and physical evaluations.
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), relevant computer skills and good documentation organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a high level of motivation, initiative, and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and a global outlook would be beneficial