Our client is an engineering and manufacturing company focussed on the development of hoists, platforms, rigging equipment, safety gear and accessories for the suspended access industry with experience since 1972. With the company running across the globe in North America, Europe and Asia, our client has developed a reliable network of products globally.
The Position: Quality Engineer
Key Accountabilities of Quality Engineer:
- A key role of the Quality Engineer will be to manage the corrective action system to promote a means to continually improve products and processes. Identify the root cause issues and insure permanent corrective action.
- As customer issues are identified the Quality Engineer will have to coordinate activities as required to ensure the customer needs are satisfied and proper containment is in place until the problem is alleviated.
- The Quality Engineer will provide engineering assistance to production and manufacturing teams to solve problems related to the process.
- Providing support in technical matters relating to technical drawings, assembly work-instructions, engineering change notices, rework manufacturing processes will be another role of the Quality Engineer.
- The Quality Engineer will have to arrange for an internal audit program that will periodically review and validate the effectiveness of the quality system with focus on products and processes.
- Manage supplier quality, including audits, supplier Quality performance ratings, process capability, non-conformances and supplier corrective actions will be one of the key roles of the Quality Engineer position.
- The Quality Engineer will be responsible for measurement and test equipment calibration and management for establishing and maintaining test specifications and equipment for finished goods, samples, sub-assemblies and components.
- The Quality Engineer will have a leading role in using Quality techniques such as 8D, PPAP and other applicable progressive techniques.
- As well as all other accountabilities the Quality Engineer will also have to manage Health, Safety and Environmental management system.
- Case handling customer complaints and Supplier non-conformances will be included in the role of Quality Engineer
- As well as maintaining HSE the Quality Engineer will also be expected to make continuous improvements to Quality and HSE-performance
Qualifications & Education required for Quality Engineer:
- The candidate looking to fill the Quality Engineer role will need to have an Engineering degree or the equivalent through experience
- The Quality Engineer will need to be fluent in both English and Dutch (French and German are other languages that would be ideal but not requirements)
- To become successful in the role of Quality Engineer the candidate will need a minimum of 5 years’ experience in advanced quality assurance practice
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Quality Engineer:
- The Quality Engineer should have knowledge and application of lean practices
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) will be beneficial to the Quality Engineer candidate
- To be successful in the Quality Engineer role the candidate will need good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with a variety of people
- The Quality Engineer should have knowledge of inspection equipment and techniques
- The Quality Engineer should have a statistical process and control techniques
- Customer focus is a key element of the Quality Engineer role
- Problem solving minded (pro-active) is another skill that is desirable for the Quality Engineer candidate
- Communicative soft skills is something which will be looked for in the best Quality Engineer candidate
- It is important that the Quality Engineer is good with Cross-functional communication and is a team-player
- It would be necessary that the Quality Engineer has a constructive attitude