OX2 was founded in 2004. Ever since then, OX2 has been driving the change towards a 100% sustainable energy sector by continuously increasing the availability of renewable energy. So far, OX2 has developed and built over 2 GW large-scale, onshore wind power in the Nordic region.
OX2 Finland currently has over 3, 000 MW of Wind Projects in Development, 63 Wind Turbines of 320 MW under Construction and Technical & Commercial Management of 10 Wind Farms. Over the years, OX2 has implemented 445 MW of Wind Power in Finland, providing 1,400 GWh of electricity production. OX2 Finland has offices in Helsinki (HQ), Tampere and Oulu.
Purpose - Project Manager, Offshore Wind Development
The purpose of the Project Manager is to identify Development Project opportunities within the Offshore Wind sector, secure the Project and drive the Project through the development phase to create a project that is constructible and attractive to the market.
The Project Manager will be working within the Offshore Development team and collaborating within various internal functions as well as managing external stakeholders.
- Set and manage the project budget and time plan.
- Create a development strategy for the project to optimize development.
- Manage risks throughout the project development.
- Lead an international, multidisciplinary project team.
- Manage and procure services from external consultants, such as Environment Impact Assessments, Technical investigations, and Land Use Planning.
- Stakeholder Management. Set a communication plan and secure good relationship with concerned stakeholders such as authorities, municipalities, local associations etc.
- Secure the project location.
- Prepare permitting applications.
- Collaborate with the company HQ in Sweden over technical requirements and various issues such as site and turbine layout, wind analysis & energy yield, civils, grid connections, turbine technology, financial modelling, EIA strategies etc.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation.
- Be informed of the market in general and specifically any topics that may impact your projects.
Background & Requirements
- Fluent in Finnish and in English. Swedish is an advantage.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering, law, environment, or a related field of study.
- Experience from the Offshore sector (Wind, Energy, Construction etc.)
- Preferably permitting experience and legislative knowledge from the Finnish offshore sector.
- Team player with a delivery-oriented mindset that can handle parallel workstreams while managing budget and time plan
- Independent and autonomous way of working.
- Flexible mindset, good problem-solving ability, and ability to build relationships due to ever-changing conditions and the need to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent organization and workflow management.
- Leadership and management team experience in any form is meriting.