Our client is a progressive global technology company based in Brisbane (Australia) that is dedicated to enabling people to choose their energy future. They do this by developing distinctive award-winning electric vehicle (EV) charging products. We offer flexible, scalable technology solutions that enable growth in electric vehicle adoption and the proliferation of charging infrastructure.
THE POSITION – PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
This position reports directly to the EU Manufacturing Operations Manager and is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You are part of a rapidly growing team which is globally responsible for Manufacturing, Total Quality, Continuous Improvement, Training, and a safe work environment. The role requires an experienced manufacturing supervisor, who is familiar with coordinating the day-to-day operations of a lean production line. You’ll be directly responsible for leading the production in Amsterdam. You will be a key player in the Amsterdam operations that works daily together with Quality and Logistic colleagues.
- Lead the production team on the multiple production lines the pursuit of achieving the managerial objectives.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and direct activities of the production operators, to ensure products are manufactured on-schedule, in the right sequence, to the required quality standard. Orchestrate the priorities between the different lines and workstation to assure an as efficient flow as possible.
- Drive the production team to achieve the established targets for Safety, People, Quality (DIFOT, OEE, RFT etc)
- Assist with the hiring and coaching of approximately the production team members, conducting team member development/coaching when required.
- Registration of worked hours of the production team members and the follow up on sickness cases and other employee-related topics.
- Support all Lean / 5S initiatives.
- Support all VSM and line balancing activities.
- Enforces company policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, and other internal departments when ‘line stoppage’ escalation is required.
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives to reduce production variances.
- Completes issue and/or incident forms timely, participates in investigations and is a part of the solution for improved quality and/or safety.
- Schedule overtime/weekend work for the manufacturing operations if required
- Ensure that all safety practices are following the relevant policies & rules are being enforced.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Diploma or work experience on HBO level
- Proven track record of excellence in communication and team leadership skills
- + 3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment and leading teams
- + 1 years’ experience working directly with incident / Issue Reporting Systems, with a general knowledge in the corresponding systems/tools/ procedures (8D, Ishikawa, 5x Why’s, etc)
- Able to speak and write English at a professional level
- Can make efficient use of ERP software (Netsuite), Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Moderate skillset for project management to run shop floor improvement programs
- Lean Yellow or Green belt is a plus combined with previous work experience in the automotive industry
- Able to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Problem solving, hands-on, energetic attitude with a drive to make his/her team members to excel and shine
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
In the interest of personal safety, all employees have an obligation to:
- Comply with all safe work practices, rules, procedures and instructions with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others, damage to plant or equipment and environmental pollution.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where required.
- Comply with any reasonable direction given by Management for environmental, health and safety.
- Not misuse or interfere with any environmental or health and safety equipment provided.
- Report all near misses, accidents and incidents on the job immediately.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their Supervisor or Director immediately.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 436