Our client brings innovation globally within the silicones business. Operating in a number of industries, including automotive, electronics, personal care, consumer products, aerospace, and building and construction to name a few. The company produces an extensive portfolio of additives. They also have an extensive offering of formulated products, including elastomers and coatings.
Location: Termoli, Italy
The Position: Production Manager
Key Accountabilities of Production Manager:
- The Production Manager will have to develop and implement the daily control of processes and production and the monitoring of production volumes, usages and quality in order to prevent and / or correct the deviations of processes from normal and allow the achievement of the budget / program objectives.
- The Production Manager will be in charge of the development of working in a team with the Process Manager, usage for intermediates and finished products for the budget, production rates for each production and utilities.
- As Production Manager the candidate will have to develop data on the cost of waste disposal of establishment according to the budget.
- Developing production costs for production, including contractor activities and implement production costs within the approved budget limits will be a responsibility of the Production Manager
- It is an expectation of the Production Manager to develop and control, in cooperation with the other managers, the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) of the production facility: Unit Cost, Cost Variability, FPR, OOS, OOE, Production to Plan and Production Execution.
- As Production Manager the candidate will have to ensure the implementation of the Process Safety procedures, in line with the Corporate policies, by the production staff.
- It will be within the role of Production manager to support the Process Manager in the development of medium-term strategies: plant changes, optimization, debottlenecking and implementation of long-term strategies, namely: product portfolio, introduction of new production, significant increases in plant capacity, etc.
- As Production Manager the individual will be expected to contribute to the approval process of new raw materials and new suppliers in liaison with Procurement, Quality Assurance and Process Manager.
- Another expectation of the Product Manager role is to contribute to the optimization of processes and facilities by identifying actions aimed at achieving company objectives such as: Improvement of safety and reduction of environmental and energy impacts (OSHA 18001, EMAS, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001).
- The Production Manager will have to guarantee the management of waste in accordance with the regulations in force d.Lgs.152/2006 and the plant procedures.
- The role of Production Manager means that the individual will have to ensure that all equipment is handed to Maintenance or the technical office in all safety (inaccordance with the LoTo PS-IV-2 procedure).
- Ensuring that all plant modification occur in accordance with safety regulations and abide by the change management procedure (18.4.1 process described in the Plant Manual) is another responsibility of the Production Manager
- As Production Manager the candidate will have to ensure the maintenance and proper functioning of existing plants and services, including emissions abatement systems.
- The Production Manager will have to assume command of operations in emergency situations with the support of the Prevention and Protection Service, giving instructions to the emergency team (procedure PE-II-1 of the Plant Manual).
- Ensuring that all operating procedures are available to workers, both operators and persons in charge (Shift coordinators, Supervisors), verifying that they are up-to-date, understood and respected is also within the job role of the Production Manager
- As Production Manager the candidate will have to ensure that the five-year process safety reviews are carried out for each plant (PHA).
- The Production Manager will have to analyze the reports of accidents, near misses’ accidents and dangerous conditions reported by the staff and organize working groups, in cooperation with the Process, aimed at resolving non- compliance and identifying preventive and corrective actions;
- As Production Manager the individual will have to ensure staff theoretical and practical training whenever changes are made to procedures in the event of job changes, and every three years; ensure that newly recruited personnel receive adequate training.
- The Production Manager will have to participate in risk assessment, risk evaluation for entry into a confined space, as required by the PS-IV-5 procedure, in collaboration with maintenance and safety.
- It will be expected of the Production Manager to contribute to the maintenance of the Quality Management System (ISO 9001).
- Dirigente per la sicurezza (Security Manager) (as stated in art.2 paragraph d of the d.Lgs. 81/2008) and must comply with legal obligations as stated in art.8 of the d.Lgs.81/2008 and s.m.i.
Qualifications & Education required for Production Manager:
- It is a requirement that the Production Manager has an academic background in Chemical Engineering University
- The client is looking for an individual with a minimum of 10 years relevant working experience running an operation and people leadership to fill the Production Manager position
- The most suitable candidate for the Production Manager role will have a minimum of 10 years relevant leadership experience in the Chemical Processing industry
- The Production Manager will need experience with Works Council activities/negotiations
- It is a requirement that the Production Manager speaks fluent Italian and English
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Production Manager:
- Ideally the Production Manager should have a working knowledge of general and cost accounting principles or the equivalence in combined education and experience;
- The client is looking for someone who has prior manufacturing experience in a process industry but also affinity understanding the bigger picture (business) to fill the Production Manager position
- The most suitable candidate for the Production Manager position should be highly Numerate and process driven
- The Production Manager should be able to network with Business and Technical peers;
- To be successful in the Production Manager role the individual will need to be quality and customer orientation
- Ideally the Production Manager candidate will have had a working experience in other country
- The Production Manager will need to have excellent communicative and people skills