Our client is one of the leading and most innovative energy companies in Finland. It is their mission to support a climate-neutral energy system and they already are accredited as being one of the most efficient city energy companies in the world.
The purpose of the Product Portfolio Manager is to coordinate the development of new products and services cross-functionally, to strengthen the company’s position in the market and enhance the competitive edge. Your role will consist of driving the quality of products and supporting the overall project as well as developing the joint supply for customer segments.
- Ensure that product development (products and projects) move forward according to the company’s development process.
- Ensure that the quality needed for products going to the productization and launching is achieved and that the procedures are moving forward on schedule.
- Support and spar with colleagues working in or with product development (e.g. sales, marketing, procurement, customer service, technical team).
- Support the design and execution, as well as ensure that all the stakeholders (especially sales, marketing, product development and product management) are working together seamlessly.
- Coordinate and facilitate the steering committee’s work.
- Follow-up the product development continuously and prepare monthly reports for management.
- Plan and implement development projects, as well as manage the project from defining the offering to sale.
- The value proposition of joint supply (Key selling points).
- Understanding the client and market by segments beyond the product area as part of the project and development processes.
- Matching together the benefits of the products currently in sale with the products in development to be sold (pricing principles, bidding tools, bidding and agreement frames, processes, agreement, and pricing bundles).
Background & Requirements
- Experience from product development in the energy sector or another similar sector
- Around 3-5 years of experience from driving product development projects and productization and product launching from Product Manager’s or Project Manager’s role
- Product marketing, Service Design, or other suitable commercial educational background
- A systematic approach, yet agile and flexible.
- Interactive, good communicator and networker, able to combine forces internally.
- Customer-centric: A deep understanding of how to match products and services with customer needs.