OX2 was founded in 2004. Ever since then, OX2 has been driving the change towards a 100% sustainable energy sector by continuously increasing the availability of renewable energy. So far, OX2 has developed and built over 2 GW large-scale, onshore wind power in the Nordic region.
OX2 currently has approximately 700 MW in construction out of which 230 MW is in Finland. OX2 has management contracts of 516 wind turbines with an estimated annual production of 6,3 TWh. OX2 has 150 employees in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, and France. In 2019 net sales totalled EUR 463 million. OX2 Finland has offices in Helsinki (HQ), Tampere and Oulu.
The Procurement Manager is a team member of the procurement team and a vital part of the project team. The Procurement Manager will be involved in the development, sourcing and in realization phases whereas the focus will be in the realization phase. The Procurement Manager will be reporting into the Head of Construction.
- Supporting the team in the development and sourcing phases by creating early budget assumptions and technology input.
- Overall responsibility of the procurement of wind turbines (WTG), the balance of plant (BoP) and the necessary insurances (Construction all Risk (CAR), Operational all Risk (OAR), Third Party Liability (TPL), Marine Cargo (MC)) needed during the construction phase
- Responsible for handling the main negotiations with all suppliers and contractors in the projects and stakeholder management
- Responsible to limit the risks in the contracts during the procurement including interface risks between the contracts including the end investor contract
- Supporting in developing a construction budget, schedule and identifying the project risks, and supporting in technological choices and in negotiations with the end investor
- Responsible to identify areas of improvements outside the project team (e.g. bundling different projects, moving time schedules to get a competitive advantage)
- Responsible to analyse and document the different suppliers in areas like credit risk, order backlog as part of the soft decision shortlisting criteria
- Project manage the work of evolving the contract templates and the way we work to lean the procurement process
- Maintain a good relationship with contractors/suppliers as well as finding and evaluating new contractors/suppliers
- Strategic procurement development
Background & Requirements
- Suitable educational background and experience from a similar position
- Wide and general knowledge of contracts, contract and interface risk management and negotiations
- Technical understanding of construction works, civil and/or electrical or from large complex machinery (e.g. wind turbines, other power generation)
- Understanding of different type of construction and supply contracts (FIDIC, ABT, ABA, etc.)
- Understanding of legal aspects regarding the contracts.
- Great problem-solving, negotiation and communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Native/Fluent in Finnish and in English. Swedish would also be desirable but not a requirement