Our client manufactures and supplies lubricant products globally, active in both the Automotive and Industrial sectors. They operate in over 20 countries and are one of the world’s most recognizable brands. With strong marketing coupled with great product range, they are aiming to become the top supplier globally.
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
The Position: Planning Coordinator
The Planning Coordinator, in collaboration with the Production Manager, defines the production schedule for individual Departments (Blending Tower, Oil packaging and Grease and special products) based on the twice-weekly production plan received from S&OP. They will also notify the Plant Manager of any problems, proposing the most appropriate solutions. As well as this the Planning Coordinator also ensures, in coordination with the Planner Team, procurement of the BOM components for the various production lines in compliance with the envisaged Plant stocks.
Key Accountabilities of Planning Coordinator:
- Together with the Production Manager, the Planning Coordinator will develop based on the indications of the production plan, the twice-weekly schedule for each department, harmonising it with production capacities and their availability
- The Planning Coordinator coordinates and manages activities of the Planners (Bulk Planner, Packaging Planner, Raw Material Planner, Third Parts Planner) interacting with the Production Scheduler
- It is the responsibility of the Planning Coordinator to manage issues due to contingencies on plant/ contingencies of an organizational nature in the short term
- Analysing in the medium term, based on the plan and horizon of visible orders, any issues arising from misalignment between orders and capacity will be another role of the Planning Coordinator
- The Planning Coordinator contributes to quarterly Plant stock takes in collaboration with the Operational Excellence Manager
- The Planning Coordinator will be expected to maintain alignment of production cycles with processes and their continual changes
- The Planning Coordinator will be in charge of changing work orders according to production allocations among production units
- Managing scheduling/production IT data will be another role for the Planning Coordinator
- The Planning Coordinator updates production data (plant loads, performance, load curves, delay management, reminder management, etc.).
- Alongside the Production Department Supervisors and with the Production Coordinator the Planning Coordinator will change program scheduling according to a change in priority or the arrival of urgent/unexpected orders;
- Ensures updating of data (plant loads, performance, load curves, delay management, reminder management, etc.) in terms of "production progress"
- Interacts with logistics to agree the "ready for departure" for shipping
- The Planning Coordinator with have to engage people to create an environment based on the ZERO culture, in particular with regard to safety.
- The Planning Coordinator should be a role model in terms of hard and soft skills.
Qualifications & Education required for Planning Coordinator:
- The Planning Coordinator will be required to have a degree in engineering
- It is a requirement that the candidate filling the Planning Coordinator position have 5/6 years’ experience in the planning area
- The Planning Coordinator will need to be fluent in English
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Planning Coordinator:
To be successful in the role of Planning Coordinator the candidate will need to have the following skills:
- Cost management
- Production scheduling
- Time and motion (Production Cycle Analysis)
- Set up
- Warehousing operations
- SAP and manufacturing execution System (MES)
- Quality maintenance
- Subcontractor and transportation management
- Relations, conflict and group management
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Decision making
- Results orientation
- Flexibility to change
- Knowledge development
- Individual and corporate organisation
- User IT