Our Client is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company was able to harness the talents of its 18,000 employees across 53 countries worldwide. Our Clients business is focused in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Our Client believes in investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds.
Location: Aberdeen based heliports
The Position: Offshore Chemist
The role is permanent and encompasses a rotation pattern of 3 weeks offshore followed by 3 weeks onshore (the pattern is subject to change).
Reporting to the company’s Senior Account Manager, the role is based offshore on offshore Brae facilities and involves a wide range of fluid sampling and laboratory analysis.
A key part of the Offshore Chemist role is to work closely with the client’s offshore operational teams to provide daily support to ensure chemical stocks are maintained and treatments are optimized.
To be successful in the Offshore Chemist role the candidate requires a high commitment to safety and total customer satisfaction; therefore, a proactive approach to working safely and fulfilling customer expectations is paramount.
Key Accountabilities for Offshore Chemist:
Health and Safety Functions
- One of the most basic roles of the Offshore Chemist is to comply with all Health and Safety standards.
- The Offshore Chemist will have to ensure compliance with environmental legislation associated with Production Chemistry
- Pro-active participation with offshore safety initiatives.
Stock Management Functions
- The Offshore Chemist role will be responsible for monitoring the stock of production chemicals and water injection chemicals.
- Responsible for ordering production chemicals as per asset stock management guidelines.
- Decanting of chemicals from transport containers to offshore bulk storage (where applicable).
Chemical Injection Functions
- Responsible for maintaining target dose rates of production and water injection chemicals.
- Responsible for chemical pump rate monitoring and adjustment.
- Along with all the other roles the Offshore Chemist will be in charge of reporting of pump defects to appropriate offshore maintenance technician.
- Undertake appropriate field trials according to scope of work will be another role of the Offshore Chemist.
- Responsible for obtaining produced fluid and injection water samples as per asset sampling schedule.
- Tracking sampling requirements for legislative, integrity and production-related samples.
- Reporting KPI compliance against sampling targets.
- Organising shipments of samples to specified onshore laboratories for analysis will be one of the key roles for the position of Offshore Chemist.
Lab Management Functions
- Ensuring offshore lab is maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Responsible for laboratory equipment maintenance a calibration.
- It will be the responsibility of the Offshore Chemist to maintain suitable stock levels of all required chemical reagents.
- Maintaining suitable stock levels of all lab glassware and consumables.
Qualifications & Education required for Offshore Chemist:
- The candidate who is suitable for the Offshore Chemist role will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or relevant work experience
- There is 3 + years oil and gas industry progressive experience required for this position, preference for oilfield service company.
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Offshore Chemist:
- The candidate who is best suited to the Offshore Chemist role will display exemplary attitude towards safety.
- Required offshore certifications including high-pressure sampling.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills are a must for the Offshore Chemist position.
- Must be competent in problem-solving, project management and time management.
- The ability to be able to work as part of a team or on own initiative to tight deadlines.
- The Offshore Chemist must be skilled in MS office.
- The candidate also must have all necessary clearances and certifications.
- There is a requirement to be able to travel moderately to frequently for the Offshore Chemist position.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 439