At IE we are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer vacancy to be located in Leiden, The Netherlands. To support the development of our client’s innovative battery concept. Our client is a well known clean technology business that has manufactured the only electrical energy storage system that is 100% sustainable. Their invention has revolutionized the energy storage industry and will support the growth of the renewable energy sector across the globe.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you are responsible for the design, development, and improvement of the product line. You will also work together with our clients’ suppliers and development partners to assist in the commissioning and operating of our pilot plants and be the person our colleagues can turn to with any mechanical engineering related questions.
- Assisting in the development of new, innovative membrane stack designs.
- Work on P&ID designs.
- Hydraulic design (e.g., calculating pumping losses, preferential flow, CFD analysis)
- Hydroelectric design to minimize short-circuit losses.
- Strength calculations.
- Work on the system design of our battery.
- Collaborating with partners on fabrication techniques of components.
- Collaborating with the team on cost-efficient design.
- Prototyping, building, testing, and evaluating novel stack designs, and implement improvements.
- Collaborating on installation design of pilot projects & first product.
Background and Requirements
- Good design skills (Autodesk Inventor, Solid Works, Fusion360 or similar)
- Experience with safety of installations is a plus.
- Experience in the manufacturing of parts and prototyping is a plus.
- MSc or PhD degree in applied physics, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or similar
- Experience with installation design & construction,
- Hands-on experience for help in construction and prototyping.
- Experience with certification procedures is nice to have.
- Fluent in English, preferable fluent in Dutch.