Our client is an engineering and manufacturing company focussed on the development of hoists, platforms, rigging equipment, safety gear and accessories for the suspended access industry with experience since 1972. With the company running across the globe in North America, Europe and Asia, our client has developed a reliable network of products globally.
Location: Kontich, Belgium
The Position: Manufacturing Engineer
The manufacturing engineer will provide the production floor personnel with the necessary technical assistance to enable them to produce the highest quality at the lowest cost. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for identify and analysing production issues regarding process and tooling and provide efficient and timely solutions. As Manufacturing Engineer, the candidate will be the technical interface between the Quality department, Engineering department and the Production department, they will implement meaningful and effective improvements to the manufacturing processes, tooling and test fixtures.
Key Accountabilities of Manufacturing Engineer:
- The Manufacturing Engineer will have to develop equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analyses and proposals for integrating machinery and equipment into manufacturing processes.
- As Manufacturing Engineer the candidate will be responsible for the transition of assigned products from development into production and assuring that manufacturing processes for product meet expectations regarding product cycle times, quality levels and costs.
- The implementation of lean manufacturing tools and processes will be a responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer
- The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing manufacturing processes for new products and validating the processes by performing Pilot-runs.
- It is within the Manufacturing Engineer job role that the candidate is responsible for establishing and maintaining test specifications and equipment for finished goods, sub-assemblies and components.
- Maintain manufacturing procedures and documentation per ISOstandards is within the Manufacturing Engineer job role
- As Manufacturing Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for developing, writing and maintaining work standards.
- The Manufacturing Engineer will need to be able to provide engineering assistance to production and manufacturing teams to solve problems related to the process.
- Providing assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawings, interpretation, engineering change notices, rework manufacturing process is also a responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer
- A role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to provide training for procedures related to process control, incorporates Engineering Change Orders per ECO procedure.
- Also, within the Manufacturing Engineer job role the candidate will be expected to contribute on new product teams to bring product to the market in a timely manner while assuring quality and manufacturability of process and product.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses for new and improved processes and/or products is also within the Manufacturing Engineer job role
- Creation of Solidworks 3D- and 2D-model drawings for tools and production parts will be a responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer
- As Manufacturing Engineer it is expected that the candidate will be happy to travel to European company-facilities for support on tasks
Qualifications & Education required for Manufacturing Engineer:
- The client is looking for an individual with a Technical Bachelor’s degree to take on the role of Manufacturing Engineer
- To be successful in the Manufacturing Engineer role the candidate will need to be fluent in Dutch and English, ideally the candidate will also have good French and German communication skills
- The Manufacturing Engineer candidate will also need a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Manufacturing Engineer:
The client is looking for an individual who has a number of skills to fill the Manufacturing Engineer role including,
- A knowledge of AutoCad and/or Solidworks
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience in PLC controls and SPC software is desirable
- Understanding of lean and ability to contribute and manage portions of a world class manufacturing program is desirable
- Able to write clearly and speak convincingly as a large amount of time is spent working with people within and outside the company
As well as professional skills listed above the client is also looking for someone who has certain personal skills. The ideal Manufacturing Engineer candidate should be,
- Customer focused
- Problem solving minded (pro-active)
- Effective soft communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a cross-functional team (manufacturing, sales, research, engineering)
- Have a constructive attitude