Our client is a global distribution company that brings value to the world’s leading producers and users of plastics and chemicals through the supply of best in class products and tailored business solutions.
With over 40 years of experience and success, our client has grown into one of the world’s largest plastics and chemicals marketing and distribution companies. The company has over 50 offices in more than 35 countries with sales over 110 countries.
The Position: Logistics Specialist, Germany
This role will focus on Germany but will be based in their Amsterdam offices.
The role is to Coordinate, and schedule all import materials towards our client's Customers or Assigned Warehouses and from the assigned warehouses to our customers under the agreed sales conditions. Improve Supply Chain performance.
Key Accountabilities for Logistics Specialist:
- A Logistics Specialist will ensure excellent Customer Service to Our client Customers by creating excellent Supply Chain values
- Make it easy and pleasant to do business with our client
- Responsible for Order-To-Cash process
- Customer order follow up within 48 hours after receiving orders via our clients Global Resource & Support Centre
- Logistic monitoring (Allocation, Instruction, Warehousing and (freight) Forwarders) Co-ordinate deliveries with assigned Suppliers from different locations
- Keep clear and good collaboration between functions (Sales, GRSC, Credit Control)
- As Logistics Specialist the candidate will be responsible of complaint / claim handling
- Closely follow up Return orders or find best Supply Chain alternatives with Sales (move to WHS or customer outlet)
- Follow up invoicing to Customers by making sure all documents are 100% in order (Stock reports, B/L’s, et cetera)
- Yearly visiting key customers and/or assigned warehouses
- Attending fairs/exhibition when applicable
- Verifies and solve queries received from our clients Business Services linked to invoices from assigned 3rd parties
- Drive change in work processes that impact the Customer result
Qualifications & Education required for Logistics Specialist:
- A college degree is required with a preference for a focus on logistics or business.
- 3 - 4 years of working experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP.
- The Logistics manager will need to be fluent in English.
- Communications – Effectively presents and receives information both orally and in writing. Listens and gets clarification. Participates well in meetings.
- Team Player, works cooperatively, interfaces effectively; gains the confidence and trust of others; recognizes the strengths and limitations of self and others; focuses on the performance of others rather than personality
- Logistics Specialist will need to be adaptable this means they will: respond resourcefully to rapid change and ambiguity, works constructively under pressure and encourages change.
- Importance of decision Making & Judgement assess the importance, urgency and risk associated with each situation and takes actions which are timely and in the best interest of the company.
- Put high importance on quality of work, the value of work produced by the employee and the thoroughness, accuracy, neatness and acceptability of work completed. Accurately checking processes and tasks and handling issues promptly.
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of his/her key responsibilities and keeps abreast of trends and changes in the field.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 436