Our client is a global distribution company that brings value to the world’s leading producers and users of plastics and chemicals through the supply of best in class products and tailored business solutions.
Location: Amsterdam or Cologne (dependent)
The Position: Logistics Specialist, Germany
The Logistics Specialist role will focus on Germany but will be based in there Amsterdam or Cologne offices depending on where you are currently living. The purpose of the Logistics Specialist role is to Coordinate, and schedule all import materials towards our client's Customers or Assigned Warehouses and from the assigned warehouses to our customers under the agreed sales conditions. As well as improve Supply Chain performance. The Logistics Specialist will report to the Supply Chain Manager, Europe.
Key Accountabilities of Logistics Specialist:
- As Logistics Specialist it will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure excellent Customer Service to our client Customers by creating excellent Supply Chain values
- Make it easy and pleasant to do business with our client
- The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for Order-To-Cash process
- Customer order follow up within 48 hours after receiving orders via our clients Global Resource & Support Center
- Logistic monitoring (Allocation, Instruction, Warehousing and (freight) Forwarders) Co-ordinate deliveries with assigned Suppliers from different locations will be a key role of the Logistics Specialist
- Keep clear and good collaboration between functions (Sales, GRSC, Credit Control)
- As Logistics Specialist the candidate will be responsible for handling complaints and claims
- Closely follow up Return orders or find best Supply Chain alternatives with Sales (move to WHS or customer outlet)
- Logistics Specialist will have to follow up invoicing to Customers by making sure all documents are 100% in order (Stock reports, B/L’s, et cetera)
- Yearly visiting key customers and/or assigned warehouses
- Logistics Specialist may be asked to attend fairs/exhibition when applicable
- Verifies and solve queries received from our clients Business Services linked to invoices from assigned 3rd parties
- Drive change in work processes that impact the Customer results will be a key focus of the Logistics Specialist role
Qualifications & Education required for Logistics Specialist:
- A college degree is required with a preference for a focus on logistics or business for the Logistics Specialist candidate.
- 3 - 4 years of working experience.
- The candidate most suitable for the Logistics Specialist position will have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Fluency in both English and German is a must for the Logistics Specialist role.
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Logistics Specialist:
- The Logistics Specialist candidate will have previous experience in communications they will be able to effectively present and receive information both orally and in writing, as well as listen and get clarification. The candidate will also participate well in meetings.
- The Logistics Specialist candidate needs to be a team player. The candidate should work cooperatively, interface effectively; gain confidence and the trust of others; recognize the strengths and limitations of self and others; focus on performance of others rather than personality
- The Logistics Specialist candidate should be adaptable they will respond resourcefully to rapid change and ambiguity. As well as this the Logistics Specialist candidate should work constructively under pressure and encourage change.
- Decision Making & Judgement skills are key to the success of the Logistics Specialist role, they will have to assess the importance, urgency and risk associated with each situation and takes actions which are timely and in the best interest of the company.
- Logistics Specialist will need a high quality of work. They will look at the value of work produced by the employee and the thoroughness, accuracy, neatness and acceptability of work completed. Accurately check processes and tasks and handling issues promptly.
- Logistics Specialist will have to be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of his/her key responsibilities and keeps abreast of trends and changes in the field.