Our client is a progressive global technology company dedicated to enabling people to choose their energy future. They do this by developing a distinctive award-winning electric vehicle (EV) charging products. We offer flexible, scalable technology solutions that enable growth in electric vehicle adoption and the proliferation of charging infrastructure.
This position reports directly to the Operations Director of Europe and is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Logistics Manager Europe will manage the implementation and continuous improvement of the European Logistics, that include but not limited to Logistics, Transport, Cargo Handling, Packing & Documentation, Support Services and Customer Contract Obligations. Moreover, this function is expected to enhance internal processes and logistics in order to keep the maximum efficiency in all processes.
The Logistics Manager Europe will work closely with colleagues in Europe, USA and Australia to drive the best operational Logistics results, securing the growth of revenue, the best optimum transport and logistics and incoming and outgoing goods. All within clear objectives and in a structured and detailed execution plan for the European business expansion and objectives.
Key responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Source, implement and operationalize a logistics network for EU regional business unit, in cooperation and joint strategy of corporate logistics, for both company logistics as for contractual obligation under Service Level Agreements;
- Actively seek out alternative, and/or negotiate existing Transport, Logistics, Stock / Consignment Stock and shipping options in order to secure company and contractual obligations, in a continuously improved performance. Securing the implementations with the different transport and logistic partners, of contracts and negotiate the best possible rates;
- Coordinate and manage the logistics team in EU (Logistics Coordinator and other possible FTE’s to compose the team), responsible for transport, logistics, loading/unloading, packing/unpacking, Spare Parts (Inventory and Warehouse Management) as possible other related activities;
- Review the success of logistical functions, identify areas for improvement and propose improvements to management, as well and the needed reporting of the measurable KPI’s;
- Attend the regular Operations (Production, Inventory and Warehouse), Service and Customer Support meetings and work on the joint resolutions of the existing issues;
- Together with the team handle all bookings including coordinating internal and external delivery schedules to ensure business needs are met. Generating all shipping paperwork including assisting with customs clearance and commercial paperwork, as well as monitoring the cargo progress assuring the timely deliveries and keep management and customers updated;
- Assurance and participation in foreign trade programs to minimize duties and taxes, including duty drawbacks for finished goods exports, etc.;
- Liaise with internal staff as necessary to gather information and complete all necessary documentation;
- Work with the Senior Customer Engineers to develop spare parts kits, create and maintain min/max spare part volumes, as well as maintain a spare parts catalogue, with the respective price list in Netsuite;
- Process Intercompany transfer orders for our other sites;
- Work together with Inventory, Planning, Production and Warehouse teams on the optimization of the inventory stock levels securing the best just in time delivery process;
- Work with the Sale Teams to secure the fulfilment of the logistics obligations of our Customers Sales Orders (Packing, Documentation, Transport, Unloading, etc);
- Manage the shortages board at production and the warehouse to optimize inventory flow to the line, by finding the best possible logistics alternatives;
- Support and participate in sourcing, procurement and purchasing agreements and orders;
- Support and participate in inventory management, stock take and other inventory and warehouse related activities;
- Work together with the EU Operations Director on other logistics projects (SLA’s, Subcontractors, regional warehouses and consignment stocks, etc);
- Support cost accounting and standard costing activities;
- Support systems implementation activities in NetSuite;
- Support relevant cross-functional continuous improvement projects;
- Conduct business development activities where and when appropriate;
- Travel according to the business needs;
- Any other activity required by the company
Skills/Experience/Knowledge for Logistics Coordinator Position:
- The candidate best suited to the role of Logistics Manager will ideally 3 years of experience in logistics or related operations.
- The candidate will have to able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment in order to be successful
- Professional and accurate in administration & communication
- Strong administrative skills and knowledge of logistics key performance indicators and in-depth knowledge of road transport mode regulation and legislation
- The ideal candidate will be computer literate with ideally a good knowledge of SAP, specifically MM & PM modules
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good team player and able to work autonomously
- Flexible, Proactive, Positive and hands-on attitude