Our client manufactures and supplies lubricant products globally, active in both the Automotive and Industrial sectors. They operate in over 20 countries and are one of the world’s most recognizable brands. With strong marketing coupled with great product range, they are aiming to become the top supplier globally.
Location: St Albans, UK
The Position: Logistics Coordinator, Great Britain
The position of Logistics Coordinator requires the candidate to coordinate the timely movement of products to meet contractual commitments and client needs. They will have to perform systems and carrier tracking, logistics operator’s coordination, confirmation and related activities for the movement of products. Keep under control quality of deliveries, logistics costs and OTD.
Key Accountabilities for Logistics Coordinator:
- As Logistics Coordinator the role will be required to manage requisitions and orders, liaising with the warehouse and transport companies, maintaining records, responding to queries and addressing issues, document management of inventory and purchasing records, ensure that system information is accurately updated.
- Logistics Coordinator will be required to liaise with Toll blender about orders and operational issues etc
- Maximize the On-Time Deliveries In Full (OTIF) by timely shipping the products, providing a complete root cause analyses and close the loop with other departments where structural problems have been identified
- Steering and follow up of inbound goods flows, both bulk as packed is a key role of Logistics Coordinator.
- As Logistics Coordinator it will be the candidate's role to ensure that all requests are fulfilled on time, identify and select the most appropriate suppliers to fulfil requests, raise efficiency and achieve greater cost-effectiveness
- As Logistics Coordinator it will be requirements of the candidate to oversee the logistics activities, including improvement of logistics systems and systems compliance
- Manage paperwork for shipments according to established guidelines and procedures is another role of Logistics Coordinator
- Manage operation systems and define storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce, and evaluate processes and procedures for receiving goods, replenishment & expediting, inventory management and distribution
- As Logistics Coordinator it will be expected of the candidate to assess and organize logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution
- It is imperative that the individual in the role of Logistics Coordinator adheres and comply with the continuous improvement of HSE
- Logistics Coordinator may also be required to undertake other duties as required.
- Communicate and control information from finished goods suppliers.
- In collaboration with S&OP, Logistics Coordinator will have to review and maintain correct and optimal stock levels.
- Logistics Coordinator will oversee the organisation the coordination of deliveries based on open orders and product availability.
- Logistics Coordinator will have to ensure that there is a follow up on a correct and timely delivery.
- The role will be in charge of managing & processing of Transportation non-conformities.
- Checking & approving of transportation and warehousing invoices will be the responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator.
- As Logistics Coordinator the candidate will be required to keep up to date with the transport, warehousing and company policies (including translating them to internal procedures).
- Maintenance of QA procedures related to the above.
- Logistics Coordinator will always be seeking for continuous logistical improvement based on a profound knowledge of all the relevant business process.
- One of the key focusses of the Logistics Coordinator role is to Automate and simplify logistical process within the legal possibilities and limitations.
- The goal of the Logistics Coordinator is to minimize logistics cost while ensuring the maximum service level and sales volumes.
Qualifications & Education Required for Logistics Coordinator:
- As Logistics Coordinator a University degree is a must
- Technical education preferred, but not mandatory
Skills/Experience/Knowledge for Logistics Coordinator Position:
- The candidate best suited to the role of Logistics Coordinator will ideally 3 years of experience in logistics or related operations, preferably in the lubricants, oil and gas or FMCG business
- The candidate will have to able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment in order to be successful in the role of Logistics Coordinator
- Professional and accurate in administration & communication
- The role of Logistics Coordinator requires the candidate to have strong administrative skills and knowledge of logistics Key Performance Indicators and in-depth knowledge of road transport mode regulation and legislation
- Knowledge of warehouse activities and management systems would be useful in the role of Logistics Coordinator.
- Preferably with experience in handling technical material data
- The ideal candidate will be computer literate with ideally a good knowledge of SAP, specifically MM & PM modules
- The individual who fills the role of Logistics Coordinator must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Curious, well organized, able to handle multiple tasks, proactive, problem-solving attitude and results-oriented are some personal traits that will aid the candidate in the role of Logistics Coordinator
- The candidate best suited to the Logistics Coordinator position will be a good team player and able to work autonomously
- Candidate suitable for the Logistics Coordinator will be stress-resistant
- Quality and safety-minded
- To be successful in the role of Logistics Coordinator the candidate should have a Flexible, Proactive, Positive and hands-on attitude